Reply
Regular Contributor
Bsong
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-11-2013
0

CLI Request without using the card

Hi All...

 

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

 

As always, thanks in advance! 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card


Bsong wrote:

Hi All...

 

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

 

As always, thanks in advance! 


You have never used it? Why did you apply? Just curious?

I would say no chance of CLI IMHO

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
Bsong
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-11-2013
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card


myjourney wrote:

Bsong wrote:

Hi All...

 

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

 

As always, thanks in advance! 


You have never used it? Why did you apply? Just curious?

I would say no chance of CLI IMHO


 

I applied for the card with the  intention of making a $2000 purchase on the card and take advatange of the 0% APR for 18 months. But, with the $1000 limit and a denial to increase due to it being a new account, I kinda dont have a use for it except that it lowers my UTI %. 

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12
Posts: 1,954
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card

It's frustrating isn't it. Some lenders don't seem to care about usage (Discover, PNC, FIA), but others do. Citi had no problem granting a 5,000 increase on a card I have had for six months and have not used since the first month, but I also had another card that I use heavily. If anything, you could try just charging a little bit to it a month so there can be some activity.

Regular Contributor
Bsong
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-11-2013
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card


navigatethis12 wrote:

It's frustrating isn't it. Some lenders don't seem to care about usage (Discover, PNC, FIA), but others do. Citi had no problem granting a 5,000 increase on a card I have had for six months and have not used since the first month, but I also had another card that I use heavily. If anything, you could try just charging a little bit to it a month so there can be some activity.


Frustrating indeed! I guess I'll just use the card once or twice and PIF before requesting a CLI. 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}