cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Requests Post 2/22 - Any Changes Noticed W/Citi, BoA, Discover ?

tag
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Re: CLI Requests Post 2/22 - Any Changes Noticed W/Citi, BoA, Discover ?

I requested a CLI from my US Bank Visa. I've had it for about 2.5 yrs with no CLI. I have always PIF, and never been late.  They bumped me from $500 to $5000 with no questions asked other than a verbal income request AND I'm under 21!!!

Message 21 of 39
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

No one judges here, that's the nice part. If anything, they'd beg you to please not follow the road they did, myself included. I'm 23, but the damage is done from when I was 19. Best of luck to you!!

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 22 of 39
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote: 

Actually, if the PIF'ers are running sufficient volume, then the merchant interchange fees represent a significant income to the CCC's.  It is the casual/occassional or "only in emergency" or to "keep 'em exercised" users that tax the CCC's, because there is no balance returning interest and not enough volume to provide adequate levels of merchant fees....these are they who may see some backlash, IMHO.

Smiley Happy

I agree. Those of us who glommed up a bunch of CC's for various reasons might need to be thinking about which ones we want to hang on to, and use them a lot, and be braced for closure on the others.

Still aiming to get down to 4-5 bank/ CU CC's and just the few store cards I have, and I'm getting closer and closer!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 39
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

devinlebron's first post has been moved Rebuilding Your Credit to start a new thread titled "Advice on how to pay off collections and a CO".

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone here has requested a credit limit increase since the new laws kicked in.  In particular, I'd like to know if anyone's seen any changes in the usual procedures, particularly with Citi, Discover and BofA (feel free to address others, too).

Any additional hoops to jump through? 

Actually, if the PIF'ers are running sufficient volume, then the merchant interchange fees represent a significant income to the CCC's.  It is the casual/occassional or "only in emergency" or to "keep 'em exercised" users that tax the CCC's, because there is no balance returning interest and not enough volume to provide adequate levels of merchant fees....these are they who may see some backlash, IMHO.

Smiley Happy

+1

Message 25 of 39
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@cruthisfamily wrote:

I requested a CLI from my US Bank Visa. I've had it for about 2.5 yrs with no CLI. I have always PIF, and never been late.  They bumped me from $500 to $5000 with no questions asked other than a verbal income request AND I'm under 21!!!

For those of you that intend to judge me, I'm a college graduate with a full time job - not a student racking up debt on mommy's dollar. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the feedback, cruthisfamily...that's the type of info I was looking for!  (Not knocking anyone else's replies Smiley Happy )

Congrats on the increase, too...pretty nice bump up!

Message 26 of 39
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Leah 5570, everyone here has been wonderful! I just threw that in there because I had read on another thread about the changes a 18 year old seeking credit and everyone kept asking them why. Smiley Wink

UborrowUpay, thanks! I have been working to get there so I can join the elite ranks and chunk these silly capital one builder cards. I like to get some that work for me instead of vice versa.

Message 27 of 39
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

For BOA my husband called the backdoor number listed on the forum here before getting his letter. The rep told him they can't reconsider, and the only thing he could do in his department is submit another request for a credit limit increase. So it didn't work. Oh well. Once we get the letter of reasons why they say no, he will call again and tell them last month Wells Fargo approved him for a $2500 credit card without any prior banking history with WF, and we opened a checking and savings account with them, getting a $50 bonus. So if BOA won't budge despite our possibility of shutting down our seven year banking history with them and perfect credit card payment, we will move solely to WF, and cancel the BOA card.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 28 of 39
Percy
Regular Contributor

I called nordstrom while i was at the mall to see if they would do a credit limit increase.... they surprisingly increased it from 2k to 6k..

Message 29 of 39
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

So last week I bushed the luv button on my WM card, and was "denied." Yesteraday, I got a letter stating they needed to verify my ability to pay it back - so I guess someone was paying attention!!

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.