cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI - Results on Soft Pull Questions ? ?

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

CLI - Results on Soft Pull Questions ? ?

I looked around and could not find the answer.

When requesting CLI with those that use a soft pull, when CC Company's use the soft pull are they still looking at UTL rate ? Balance info, low ? high ? Inquires ?

Are looking at everything the same way as they would with a Hard Pull ? Or ?

Do they score using FICO or ?

Just trying to figure out if FICO of EQ at 714 with 20%UTL is adaquate and will be seen with a soft pull or should I wait a few more weeks until FICO UTL is less than 10% and score is higher ?

I am trying hard to figure this all out.

Thank you

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI - Results on Soft Pull Questions ? ?

The longer you wait and the lower you can get your utilization the better. So, if you are up for waiting a month and getting down as low as you can, then the better off you will be.

It is my understanding that, what the bank see's via HP or SP depends on what they are willing to pay for. They can see a great summary with a soft pull if they pay for it, but HPing you makes it so you have less options for credit elsewhere. It is their choice whether to HP or not for CLI. I would try to get that score up over 720, then try for the CLI.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 5
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

That's an interest point. I am not sure of what they can see with the SPs. Hence my interest in the topic.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Good question. I think soft inquires are just to verify your identity and maybe payment history.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 5
calogan
Established Member

Found this in an older post, here is what a lender sees in a soft pull (assuming this is accurate)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-do-creditors-see-on-a-soft-pull/td-p/1010060 

Report Results
________________________________________________________________________________________
REPORTING BUREAU
*********** Data Date: ********* Data Source: **********
________________________________________________________________________________________
SAFESCAN
SAFESCANNED
ADDRESS DISCREPANCY
Address Elements Were Unavailable or not Utilized.
REQUESTED INFORMATION
Method: **********
Name: ************
SSN: ***************
DOB: // DLN: N State:
MATCH
Name: ****************
Date Of Birth: **************
Current Address: *******************
Date Reported: ******* Rent/Own/Buy:
Former Address: *****************************
Date Reported: *********** Rent/Own/Buy:
Employer: ***************
SOCIAL SECURITY
Credit SSN: ********** SSN Verified: Age:
Inquiry SSN: ************ Issue Year: **** Issue State: **
Death Year: Death State:
REQUIRED ACTION
Score Model: *****
Score: ***
1: (*****) Percent of Bank Installment Accounts Versus Total Accounts Reported in the Past 12 months
2: (*****) Percent of Credit Union Accounts Versus Total Accounts Reported in the Past 12 Months
3: (*****) Percent of Department Store Accounts Versus Total Accounts Reported in the Past 12 months
4: (*****) Number of Accounts with Past Due Notices

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.