Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Schedule for New cards???

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

CLI Schedule for New cards???

A few questions.

I was recently approved for both Discover IT and a BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa.

I wanted to know:

• When I can start asking for CLI's on both...I want to mark the dates on my calendar.
  • Whether the requests will be hard or soft pull.

Thanks all!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI Schedule for New cards???

Discover after 3 months. Try SP first with CS. If no go then they want HP.

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BofA HP mostly but you can request whenever or for sure every 6 months.

Message 3 of 7
uswala
Senior Contributor

I talked to customer support for my D and they told me I can request CLI as soon as 61st day and I did request my CLI after about 65 days and was approved but with a HP.

BofA...I need to figure that out as well Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
w003ptr
Contributor

Is Discover it 3 months to the day?  Or just anytime after 3 months?  And also is it 3 months from the day the letter is dated or from the day you get the email?  For instance, I just got the card in the email today and it's dated Dec 1, but I got theemail on Dec 4.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 5 of 7
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@uswala wrote:

I talked to customer support for my D and they told me I can request CLI as soon as 61st day and I did request my CLI after about 65 days and was approved but with a HP.

I did not know about 61st day thing with Discover. I know about AmEx 61 day. When I called Discover CS back in November I was told it's 3 months since the date when it was opened (approved) before they can even submit the application into system.

Message 6 of 7
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Platinum wrote:

@uswala wrote:

I did not know about 61st day thing with Discover. I know about AmEx 61 day. When I called Discover CS back in November I was told it's 3 months since the date when it was opened (approved) before they can even submit the application into system.

Oh! Ya I am sorry. I do not know why I kept on remembering 61 days! I did mention same thing in another thread. Thats too bad of me.

I went back and checked my statements and it is indeed 91 days.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.