Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Strategy for my cards

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

CLI Strategy for my cards

Now that I'm in full garden mode for a while I'm looking for strategies for soft pull CLI on my cards:

1. WF and Cap1 Secures:  I just need to deposit more to bring both up to 2k.  These will be there before refi.

2. AMEX ZYNC - NPSL: Can't really increase CL on this one but will routinely use to increase internal scoring with AMEX

3. AMEX Delta: 61 days after card activation request 3x CLI (Is this right?)  What do I do after the 61st day request...when should I ask for next one?

4. Walmart Discover (GEMB): request CLI after every 4th statement is generated/paid/right before its generated? (unsure on this part)

5. Chase Amazon Visa:   No idea on this one....Suggestions?

Looking for some guru advise on the above matters.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Strategy for my cards

I recently started rebuilding my credit 2 Capital One Credit Cards Rewards Rebuilder card open 4-2012 $500 limit & Platinum Credit Card Open 5-2012 $1000 also rebuilder card. Both of them are apart of the Credit Step Program. 3rd card from My Credit Union MCU secured open 10-11 limit $300.  I pay $100 each on both Capital One Cards every month or 2x monthly way before the due dates.  MCU Credit card I pay $50 monthly sometimes more.  All accounts are never late always on time.  I contacted capital one chat online for a credit increase on my rewards card from capital one on 9-7-12; the request was put in & I was denied I was told by the credit Rep that I need to Waite for the credit step to kick in which would be when my 7th statement is posted I'm up to my 6th statement and capital one states that after making 5 on time payments I would be qualified but I would not see the additional increase of $250 until my 7th statment was generated which would bring my card limit up to $750.  Anyway tonight I got an email from Capital one to check my account & they went ahead & increased my credit Limit all the way up to $2500. I'm so Surprised.  Now I just have to Waite & repeat the same thing for my 2nd card with capital one by October to request a credit line increase before step program kicks in Hopefully they will increase it to $5000.

I must Tell You All THANKS & I'm A New MEMBER Just By coming into the myFico Forum & reading post from other members I was able to follow their suggestions a little here and there.

ACCOUNTS IN GOOD STANDING

Student Loan In Good Standing Deferred

4-12-OPENED Capital One- CASH REWARDS Rebuilder (Started out with $500 Increased to $2500 on 9-12-12 Credit Step Program

5-12-OPENED Capital One- Platinum Rebuilder-$1000 Credit Step Program which is schedule to be increased in 11-12

10-11-OPENED MCU- Credit Card-$300 & MCU OVERDRAFT Opened 7-12 Credit Line $250

NEGATIVE factors

Bankruptcy D/C will be deleted from my credit report 4-2013

3 HSBC Accounts closed showing zero balance put negatively hurting my credit score ( Delinquent Accounts )

capital one- old account delinquent schedule to be removed 10-12

Credit Scores are around 630 on all Credit Bureaus

Goal working on reaching 700 credit scores across 3 Credit Bureaus by 2013

Message 2 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Any recommendations/responses for my cards, listed above?

Message 3 of 5
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

1. WF and Cap1 Secures:  I just need to deposit more to bring both up to 2k.  These will be there before refi.

This one is easy. As you said, just increase your deposit. I'm not an expert on secured cards, but maybe you can get them converted to regular cards without a HP?

2. AMEX ZYNC - NPSL: Can't really increase CL on this one but will routinely use to increase internal scoring with AMEX

Sounds good! This will put you in a good place for future Amex cards.

3. AMEX Delta: 61 days after card activation request 3x CLI (Is this right?)  What do I do after the 61st day request...when should I ask for next one?

Yes, it's 61 days after activation, you can request up to a 3x CLI (you may get a counter offer). After the 61st day request, you are eligible for one every 6 months.

4. Walmart Discover (GEMB): request CLI after every 4th statement is generated/paid/right before its generated? (unsure on this part)

I'm not an expert on this card either.

5. Chase Amazon Visa:   No idea on this one....Suggestions?

Chase never does a CLI without a HP, so I'd just use this card as normal.

Message 4 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks for info.  Maybe I'll ask for CLI on Chase after refi.  As for Walmart I'll do some more digging here and see what I can find.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.