Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Tips and other questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Tips and other questions

Does a HP from barclays for a CLI work to open another new card? I know with BOA this doesnt't work (as they pull TU for CLIs and use Exp for new accounts).  Anyone ever heard of that?  We have a Ring and its only at 10k and I would like to get it to 15.  

Do you know if a person applied for the cash forward card could they move some of the limit to the ring?  Account has been open since May 2014.  This to me would be better use of a single HP, and in the long run generate more activity with barclays than just 8.25% stuff.

If a person has been approved for two BOA cards and has no other cards with them, can they move some of the limits?  Instead of two cards with 8k limits, have one with 10k and another with 6?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Tips and other questions

@Anonymous wrote:

Does a HP from barclays for a CLI work to open another new card? I know with BOA this doesnt't work (as they pull TU for CLIs and use Exp for new accounts).  Anyone ever heard of that?  We have a Ring and its only at 10k and I would like to get it to 15.  

Do you know if a person applied for the cash forward card could they move some of the limit to the ring?  Account has been open since May 2014.  This to me would be better use of a single HP, and in the long run generate more activity with barclays than just 8.25% stuff.

If a person has been approved for two BOA cards and has no other cards with them, can they move some of the limits?  Instead of two cards with 8k limits, have one with 10k and another with 6?

I don't know if Barclaycard would allow a "dual-use HP". I've been able to do partial CL reallocation when the donor card was 13 months old and the recipient card 4 months. I don't think account age actually matters, though, and there was no HP.

BofA requires a HP to reallocate limits. BofA frequently, but not always, requires a HP to reallocate limits.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's worth a shot (apping and then reallocating).

I opened my US Airways -> Aviator in March of 2015. I opened my Ring in December. Immediately called after the Ring approval to close the Aviator and move the $6,500 CL to the Ring. The analyst put me on hold and came back and said "I'm happy to do this for you." There was no HP and there didn't seem to be an age requirement for the cards... but you'll most likely only find out the answer to your question by apping first and then getting on the phone.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if Barclaycard would allow a "dual-use HP". I've been able to do partial CL reallocation when the donor card was 13 months old and the recipient card 4 months. I don't think account age actually matters, though, and there was no HP.

BofA requires a HP to reallocate limits.

I was able to reallocate 9k from my CR to BBR without a HP from BoA.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA requires a HP to reallocate limits.

I was able to reallocate 9k from my CR to BBR without a HP from BoA.

I did some further reading and there are a few other reports of SP reallocations. I couldn't find any pattern to predict when it would be soft vs. hard.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one CLI's are every 6 months by SP only.  Well versed in the Amex 3x cli.

What is the rule for Citibank?  I know if it prompts you for a credit limit increase with no report being obtained and it is denied, there is no further recourse online for an increase?  So then what?  You have to phone in and manually request one?  Or is the citi HP CLI still bound to the 6 month timer?  I dont know if that is true because we have a citi DP and it has allowed CLIs every 3 months or so. 

My dc was at $2400 and every time online it would deny me so I called in an they approve $3800 with a SP only.  I would like to know when I am eligible to just use a HP and  request a specific amount?  I think since Bank of America, Amex, and a few others have went up quite a bit, now is the time to do it. I am thinking if I ask for $20k they would counter with 10 or 15k.  This card is at no interest until feb 2017 then 14.24% so I would like to make a few home repair purchases with it but may just prepay if i'm forced to as I've done in the past.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to ^^^^^

I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get my sams PLCC upgraded and I should just straight up app for Sams MC this May when my Sams PLCC is 1 year old.

And correct me if I am wrong, but if approved for the Sams MC, I would keep the PLCC open but I cannot merge the limit....I would have to close the PLCC?

And am I crazy for thinking I should just apply for Sams MC now since closing my PLCC would not hurt my UTIL?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.