Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI/UTI HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI/UTI HELP!!

Hi guys,

I have had 2 Cap1 one cards sarting off at $300 and $500 I would get an increase every 3-5 months. The $500 Quicksiver card is now at $2,000 and the $300 Platinum card is upgraded to QS and at $1,800. I have CFNA (FIrestone) at $1,200 and Kohls at $300.

I'm sitting at an overall 45% UTI and never missed a payment with any of them, I am being denied CLI's because my credit score

My Experian is 616

Equifax 608

Transunion 592

I'm trying to raise the limit so I can get more breathing room and lower my UTI. I'm debating paying $800 towars UTI to get me down to 30% but just unsure what to do. Any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Re: CLI/UTI HELP!!

Is there anything else that is keeping your scores down? Do you have any baddies that you need to work on or get removed from your credit report? If so how recent? Reducing your utilization may help but we may need a little more information to help you figure out what you need to do.
FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@srloring13 wrote:
Is there anything else that is keeping your scores down? Do you have any baddies that you need to work on or get removed from your credit report? If so how recent? Reducing your utilization may help but we may need a little more information to help you figure out what you need to do.

I have a medical bill in collections for $540 and an $5,475 collection from an apt I ditched a couple years ago. I have a Cap 1 auto loan just over a year with no missed payments either. I applied for the BofA secured card and was denied recently 

Message 3 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

You really need to get the Utilization down and once you do that you will be more open to getting CLI , pay them all down to zero expect for one card, let that one card report a balance of less than 9% of the CL you will maximize your fico scores by doing this , you should see a nice upward jump
Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah seems utilization is the main culprit here, along side your collections. Seems Cap One is a lender that wants to see alot of usage and payments for their cli. Best thing you can do for now is bring down the utilizationSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

I have had 2 Cap1 one cards sarting off at $300 and $500 I would get an increase every 3-5 months. The $500 Quicksiver card is now at $2,000 and the $300 Platinum card is upgraded to QS and at $1,800. I have CFNA (FIrestone) at $1,200 and Kohls at $300.

I'm sitting at an overall 45% UTI and never missed a payment with any of them, I am being denied CLI's because my credit score

My Experian is 616

Equifax 608

Transunion 592

I'm trying to raise the limit so I can get more breathing room and lower my UTI. I'm debating paying $800 towars UTI to get me down to 30% but just unsure what to do. Any advice?

Pay down your balances. If you have to have CLI's to pad your UTIL then you don't need any more credit. Trust me, I am in the same boat right now. Get it under control while you can. 

Edited: I missed a post that answered my other question.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
You really need to get the Utilization down and once you do that you will be more open to getting CLI , pay them all down to zero expect for one card, let that one card report a balance of less than 9% of the CL you will maximize your fico scores by doing this , you should see a nice upward jump

Awesome, any other tips on maximizing credit jumps with CC's?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice and support guys!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as the others said, get that utilization lower and your scores will increase. I would not be looking for a CLI or any new cards while at the current utilization % IMO. Focus on those balances and go from there! You can do it!!!
Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Once you keep your balances low, continue making timely payments and in time you will start getting better results. When you app again with better scores, make sure to go for a card that a) works for you and your needs, and b) may be a card that helps get sp luv. Amex and Discover are two wonderful cards that can grow with the user all by sp luv so thats something to think ofSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.