Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI already on 2 1/2 month old Reward Zone Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI already on 2 1/2 month old Reward Zone Mastercard

I got my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard at the beginning of November, maxed it out at $480 (out of $500 available), paid it off mid december and maxed it again right before Christmas.

Just logged in to see when my January payment was due and my CL is now $800.I really did not expect this, especially since my other cards were also maxed out at the beginning of november as well.. Is this normal?

Too bad my lower interest cards couldn't get an increase...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI already on 2 1/2 month old Reward Zone Mastercard

I think it is normal for Best Buy to bump after three months. I am at a similar point rebuilding my credit and I was bounced from $500 to $800 aroudn the frist of December as well. The only difference I had not maxed my card out but I had used it several times and apid it off every month in full.

Scores

EX 653, EQ 630  TU 612

Message 2 of 5
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I hate you.  Just kidding Smiley Very Happy  I am just a (large) bit jealous.  I have had mine for about 4 months, but it is has been near its max the whole time.  I had some auto repair expenses come up literally a week after i got the card, so i ran it up to the max right away.  I have been putting about $100-$150 per month through it each month and then paying that off, though, so I have been showing at least SOME use and payment activity each month.  I am to worried about a CLD to even hope for a CLI right now in today's market.  Congrats to you!  Perhaps there is still hope for me too--I plan to pay it down to $0 before I reach the 6 month mark, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Now, my Hooters card on the other hand...I have been running that up to its CL ($500) and PIF on a monthly basis every month since I had it--surely, they will show me some luv soon?

Message 3 of 5
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

for me, it started as a 300cl- cli to 450 @ activation.

On the 2nd stmt, auto cli to 650.

No cli on the 3rd stmt lol darn, was hoping they’d cli every stmt.

Am hoping for another cli @ 7th stmt.

Run A LOT through the cc + PIF

Does any1 know if the bb rewards mc has a cl CAP?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the card, and I've talked to their reps and to best buy reps and I heard something along the lines that it theoretically does have a cap but generally speaking you dont have to worry about it till you are around the 5K cl, and with HSBC taking a big hit financially (down about 10% stock wise) I don't think they are going to be doing much CLI'ing soon, according to an artice I ran today they need to come up with 30billion ASAP.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.