Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI & APR Decrease?

tag
DFStudent
Valued Member

CLI & APR Decrease?

Hello! TIA for the advice. Smiley Happy

I just received a CLI on my AMEX BCE. It went from $10400 to the requested CLI amount of $20000. The current APR is 0%, but that is expiring on this statement cycle (and will revert to 20.24%). I switched my Blue Cash to BCE, hence the weird APR. 

Should I ask for an APR decrease right now, or should I wait and do that next month after the 0% intro rate expires? Since I PIF, APR doesn't really matter, but that high APR bothers my head. Smiley Surprised

I also decided for a CLI on my Capital One QS Visa Signature. No dice as of yet. I received the following message. Does that mean it was denied?

Thanks for submitting your request.

You'll receive a document in the Online Document Center with the outcome of our review in approximately 2-3 business days. We'll also send you an e-mail asking you to visit the Online Document Center when it's available.

If you haven't signed up for paperless documents, you'll also receive a letter by mail in about 10 business days.

If you have questions about our decision, please visit www.capitalone.com/creditlineFAQ for more information.

$12,400              $20,000           $10,000             $6,000               $4,700               $5,800            $1,050 (AU)
Suncoast CU VISA - $2500, BOA BBR VISA - $1000 || EX - 778 (12/13), EQ - 764 (12/13), TU - 763 (12/13) || Grad Student
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: CLI & APR Decrease?

Amex will not decrease your APR until you are officially out of the 0% period. That's how it is with most lenders actually. You're going to have to wait on that part.

Yes, that Capital One message is a denial. You can try the EO (monday - friday) and see above getting it approved, but they can still decline it if they want.

Message 2 of 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI & APR Decrease?

@DFStudent wrote:

Hello! TIA for the advice. Smiley Happy

I just received a CLI on my AMEX BCE. It went from $10400 to the requested CLI amount of $20000. The current APR is 0%, but that is expiring on this statement cycle (and will revert to 20.24%). I switched my Blue Cash to BCE, hence the weird APR. 

Should I ask for an APR decrease right now, or should I wait and do that next month after the 0% intro rate expires? Since I PIF, APR doesn't really matter, but that high APR bothers my head. Smiley Surprised

I also decided for a CLI on my Capital One QS Visa Signature. No dice as of yet. I received the following message. Does that mean it was denied?

Thanks for submitting your request.

You'll receive a document in the Online Document Center with the outcome of our review in approximately 2-3 business days. We'll also send you an e-mail asking you to visit the Online Document Center when it's available.

If you haven't signed up for paperless documents, you'll also receive a letter by mail in about 10 business days.

If you have questions about our decision, please visit www.capitalone.com/creditlineFAQ for more information.

Per that Capital One message i tested this too.

In another day or two you'll get a message describing why your CLI was passed this time.

An email from Capital One will come first notifying for you to read your Document (The results)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.