Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI and APR reduction info from NASA

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

CLI and APR reduction info from NASA

Thought I'd pass along some info from my live chat session with NASA:

Me: I was wondering something. My current credit limit is $25,000 and my APR is 10.90%. Is it possible to lower the APR and/or raise the credit limit without making a hard pull on my credit report?9:27:14 AM
NASA: We wouldn't be able to lower the rate without the credit pull. If your card has been open for more than a year, and you have not had any increases in the last year you may qualify for a $1000 increase without the credit check.

FYI for current or future NASA members.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI and APR reduction info from NASA

@lhcole77 wrote:

Me: I was wondering something. My current credit limit is $25,000 and my APR is 10.90%. Is it possible to lower the APR and/or raise the credit limit without making a hard pull on my credit report?9:27:14 AM
NASA: We wouldn't be able to lower the rate without the credit pull. If your card has been open for more than a year, and you have not had any increases in the last year you may qualify for a $1000 increase without the credit check.

Were you approaching your entire $25K?  Or, was this merely an experiment in the name of science?  Looks like the APR you have is pretty decent though (lowest is 9.9% on the Platinum Advantage Rewards).

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks For Sharing.Cat Very Happy

Message 3 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Were you approaching your entire $25K?  Or, was this merely an experiment in the name of science?  Looks like the APR you have is pretty decent though (lowest is 9.9% on the Platinum Advantage Rewards).

LOL! In the name of science.

And I've become a big fan of APR reductions so was seeing what the process was on that. 10.9% is good...but less than that is gooder Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 5
uswala
Senior Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.