Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI before Cap1 Credit Steps Increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI before Cap1 Credit Steps Increase?

I received a small increase while still on the Cap1 Credit Steps before the auto increase which is due in another month. Since I received this increase before my credit steps are up will I still receive the increase due from credit steps? Anyone have experience with this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI before Cap1 Credit Steps Increase?

After reading about 20 threads about C1 love in the CC Approval sections many have said you would still get the steps CLI. My DW just hit the love on her 2m QS and went from $300 to $800.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this thread i hit the love button on my journey it is at 4 months and i got increased from 300 to 800 as well Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Seldron!
Message 4 of 7
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading this thread i hit the love button on my journey it is at 4 months and i got increased from 300 to 800 as well Smiley Very Happy

I opened a QS1 in December with a $500 CL, which surprised me that I was appproved since I have currently have 3 CO's with Cap One and 2 with HSBC (whom Cap One bought) on my CRs and are falling off in the next couple/3 months.  I was still reeling from my Barclay's auto, almost 2X CLI and decided to "press my luck" when I applied just to basically test if I was on their blacklist or not.

After approval I did received an email last month that I was enrolled in Credit Steps that my credit limit would increase from $500 to $750 after 5 months.

So after reading this thread I hit the luv button also... 1K increase to $1500.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hsspres wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened a QS1 in December with a $500 CL, which surprised me that I was appproved since I have currently have 3 CO's with Cap One and 2 with HSBC (whom Cap One bought) on my CRs and are falling off in the next couple/3 months.  I was still reeling from my Barclay's auto, almost 2X CLI and decided to "press my luck" when I applied just to basically test if I was on their blacklist or not.

After approval I did received an email last month that I was enrolled in Credit Steps that my credit limit would increase from $500 to $750 after 5 months.

So after reading this thread I hit the luv button also... 1K increase to $1500.

Congrats on the increase!

Message 6 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I have a Cap 1 Sony that's not enrolled in credit steps. 3 statements have cut. Just got a 150 increase. I'll try again 3 and 6 statements from now.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.