cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI denial, so what is your excuse if you have to recon?

tag
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

CLI denial, so what is your excuse if you have to recon?

After applying for new credit cards, you have too many inquiries .............etc  and you want to request a CLI for one of your eligible acc but your request was denied. I would like to read some recon stories if you want to share. Thank you all

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI denial, so what is your excuse if you have to recon?

I would be cautious about reconning a CLI denial right after a bunch of new accounts. It can be counterproductive. It can make the lender take a closer look at your credit report (which actually IS what you are asking them to do in recon) and get further spooked and flag your account for a potential CLD or balance chasing. It's probably best to lay low and let your inquiries age a little.

Message 2 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@yfan wrote:

I would be cautious about reconning a CLI denial right after a bunch of new accounts. It can be counterproductive. It can make the lender take a closer look at your credit report (which actually IS what you are asking them to do in recon) and get further spooked and flag your account for a potential CLD or balance chasing. It's probably best to lay low and let your inquiries age a little.

+1

Patience is the better part of valor ESPECIALLY right after adding new accounts and ESPECIALLY with your regular lenders for the reason just mentioned above.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably best to lay low and let your inquiries age a little. <<<< This
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.