Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for AmEx

tag
jaybird201
Established Contributor

CLI for AmEx

I just called in and talked to representative and this is what they told me. Basically, AmEx does a soft pull on your credit report and score every few months or so. I found out my recent CLI request was done about a week after one of those soft pulls. However, if you apply for a CLI and they haven't pulled a soft report and score recently, they'll do a hard pull to see to update their records. Does this sound right?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI for AmEx

jaybird201 wrote:
I just called in and talked to representative and this is what they told me. Basically, AmEx does a soft pull on your credit report and score every few months or so. I found out my recent CLI request was done about a week after one of those soft pulls. However, if you apply for a CLI and they haven't pulled a soft report and score recently, they'll do a hard pull to see to update their records. Does this sound right?

Nope, that's not right.

Amex CLI requests always result in a soft pull.  They don't ever pull a hard for CLI.

Their CLI policy is no sooner than 60 days on a new account, and no more often than every 6 months after that.

As I've said before, frontline CSRs at CCCs make it up about 50% of the time.  Amex CSRs are about 50% better informed than other companies' CSRs.  This, of course, means that they only make it up about 25% of the time. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
aftermath
Established Contributor

Nope, that's not right.
Amex CLI requests always result in a soft pull. They don't ever pull a hard for CLI.
Their CLI policy is no sooner than 60 days on a new account, and no more often than every 6 months after that.
As I've said before, frontline CSRs at CCCs make it up about 50% of the time. Amex CSRs are about 50% better informed than other companies' CSRs. This, of course, means that they only make it up about 25% of the time. Smiley Wink

I'm a professional when it comes to making stuff up! Maybe I should apply as a Frontline CSR Department Manager" Smiley Happy
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 3 of 7
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I'm sorry I don't think that statistic is right. It's closer to about 45.7% of normal CSRs that make it up and 18.9% of AmEx CSRs that make it up. Get your facts straight!

Oh and did you hear that 87% of all statistics are made up?
Message 4 of 7
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I'm at a $3k CL now... Anyone have any idea what I should request?

I was thinking of going for $10k or $15k, but I don't want to get too greedy. I was kind of hoping to ask for $50k and maybe see if they'd compromise and just give me $25k. Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybird201 wrote:
I'm sorry I don't think that statistic is right. It's closer to about 45.7% of normal CSRs that make it up and 18.9% of AmEx CSRs that make it up. Get your facts straight!

Oh and did you hear that 87% of all statistics are made up?

Well, I did say about 50%.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybird201 wrote:
I'm at a $3k CL now... Anyone have any idea what I should request?

I was thinking of going for $10k or $15k, but I don't want to get too greedy. I was kind of hoping to ask for $50k and maybe see if they'd compromise and just give me $25k. Smiley Tongue

They will auto deny any amount greater than 3x your current limit.

Since you're at $3K now, the most you can safely ask for is $9K.

They do not give counteroffers.  If you ask for too much, they will deny, even though you may have been approved for a smaller amount.

For future reference, anything more than $25K will require docs for proof of employment and income.  Of course, that's a moot point now, since the most they will approve you for at the moment would be $9K.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-10-2008 06:23 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.