Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for Amex question

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

CLI for Amex question

I want to ask for a CLI from $13,200 to $24,500
Until last month my balances were high so I waited but now I paid of all my cards almost and my UTI is 7%
My experian fico is 747
I know I should be approved for the CLI but my problem is that Amex soft pulled me at the end of december (i guess they reciew accounts sometimes) and back then my balances were still high and from what I heard they use the last soft pull for reviewing CLI's.
So how can I make AMEX use a new soft pull to have more updated info on my current credit? Because based on the current soft pull they have it will be hard to get that CLI

Any suggestion or personal experience ?
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI for Amex question

Not much you can do to get them to softpull you.  Best bet is just to wait until you see another SP and then go for the CLI

Message 2 of 12
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Any other option?
How often does amex SP?
Can I call and ask them to SP me? Or hard pull?
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 3 of 12
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not much you can do to get them to softpull you.  Best bet is just to wait until you see another SP and then go for the CLI

Hi Irish,

Congrats to you and your Team for a nice recruiting class yesterday.  My boy Harbaugh really cleaned up too.  He was my QB for my Freshman year.  I wish ND and UM would play each other again.

I have a quesiton that I cannot seem to find the answer too.  Maybe you can help regarding my new AMEX Delta Gold.  I apped on Monday, approved for Temp CL of $2000.  The on-line CL shows $5,000.  Should I request a CLI on my SL for the 3x or $15,000 now? or wait?

My current EX is 680, Inc=$100K, 8 Inq on EX, 4% Util, no baddies since BK7 in 2011.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 4 of 12
satasat360
Regular Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:
I want to ask for a CLI from $13,200 to $24,500
Until last month my balances were high so I waited but now I paid of all my cards almost and my UTI is 7%
My experian fico is 747
I know I should be approved for the CLI but my problem is that Amex soft pulled me at the end of december (i guess they reciew accounts sometimes) and back then my balances were still high and from what I heard they use the last soft pull for reviewing CLI's.
So how can I make AMEX use a new soft pull to have more updated info on my current credit? Because based on the current soft pull they have it will be hard to get that CLI

Any suggestion or personal experience ?

Amex softpulls every month now to provide the fico score, usually pulls same time of the month. So must have pulled yours for the month of january, once you have seen your jan credit score in amex website then you can ask for the cli.

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Are you sure the monthly fico is a SP ?
Because I got my experian report and I can only see 1 SP of amex in December.
And my last fico is from January 26th so are they doing SP on another name? Because american express can't be found
Message 6 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

All you can do is wait for their next SP.  I can understand being excited but calm down.  Worst case is that you wait a month.  A month isn't any time at all in the credit world.  Get yourself in the right mindset to be in this for the long haul.

@cem13 wrote:

I have a quesiton that I cannot seem to find the answer too.  Maybe you can help regarding my new AMEX Delta Gold.  I apped on Monday, approved for Temp CL of $2000.  The on-line CL shows $5,000.  Should I request a CLI on my SL for the 3x or $15,000 now? or wait?

There's no set answer for such questions.  What limit or CLI one will qualify for will depend on one's credit profile and income.  Are yuo expecting significant improvements to your profile?  CLI's are not simply handed out in exhcange for time.

SInce AmEx CLI's are based on an SP you have nothing to lose by requesting.  Worst case is a denial and you'll have a list of reason(s) to use as a starting point on what to work on.

@pat0812 wrote:
Are you sure the monthly fico is a SP ?

Yes.  A report has to be pulled in order for a score to be generated.  A score uses the data in the report. 

@pat0812 wrote:
Because I got my experian report and I can only see 1 SP of amex in December.
And my last fico is from January 26th so are they doing SP on another name? Because american express can't be found

When was the EX report pulled?

Message 7 of 12
pat0812
Regular Contributor

December 31st last SP on experian credit report
But on my amex account when I go to Fico score shows up last score from January 23rd and previous score December 31st
So I'm trying to figure out where the SP from January is, because when I look at my credit report I only see "American Express 2" on December 31st
Are those SP maybe under another merchant name?
Can anyone tell me under what name they might show up?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Irish,

Congrats to you and your Team for a nice recruiting class yesterday.  My boy Harbaugh really cleaned up too.  He was my QB for my Freshman year.  I wish ND and UM would play each other again.

My current EX is 680, Inc=$100K, 8 Inq on EX, 4% Util, no baddies since BK7 in 2011.

Off topic, but nice to see another Wolverine! I'm currently a junior here. I see that you have a card with UMCU too Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Irish,

Some people have been successful getting a 3x CLI after they activate their card. As always, YMMV. Best of luck!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.