Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for Barclays or CapOne

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

CLI for Barclays or CapOne

If you hit the love button on these two cards (which I am doing this week for both) do they run a new SP for that day, or do they go off your most recent credit score offered on their sites?

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI for Barclays or CapOne

Barclay's is always HP. (Don't do this!!!)

CapOne is SP. (Do it daily if you wanna...)

Message 2 of 8
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Gotcha. Okay then, does CapOne run a new fresh SP, or do they go off your most recent score posted on their site (which doesn't update very often)?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Gotcha. Okay then, does CapOne run a new fresh SP, or do they go off your most recent score posted on their site (which doesn't update very often)?

Their score is as good as a 3 dollar bill.

They go off most recent SP (apparently), But do not pull a new one every time you click button (I wish!!!)

Message 4 of 8
sultan33g
Contributor

I recently got a barclay card. After reading a thread I called in to see about an apr reduction and they said no but that I had an offer for a cli. It was a sp. try that, it might work.
01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 5 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't know specifically Capital One's procedure but I think typically (and I could be wrong) the SP is based on data stored from whenever they happened to last SP you. Could be monthly or whenever they decide to do it. I don't think that a fresh SP is performed anytime you click the button.

By contrast obviously a HP is new each and every time with Barclay or others who want a HP for CLI.

Message 6 of 8
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. The reason I asked is I had a large balance report on my CapOne card last statement. I just paid it off and my new statement cycles in a couple of days. However, my February credit score on CapOne dropped 20 pts because of the balance on last month's statement. Hence the reason for asking which SP mechanism they use. Guess I should wait for the new CapOne credit score to report before asking for a CLI.

Message 7 of 8
Santi78342
Established Contributor

The score the Captial One credit tracker gives you is a FAKO and should be disregarded. Capital One themselves doesn't even use it for decisions on CLIs and approvals!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.