Did you mean: 

CLI for JC Penney!!!

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI for JC Penney!!!

@webhopper wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

What sort of behavior does a bank like in order to give out CLI's? Seems like I've never gotten very many. 

For most, it's use the card a lot, but don't carry a balance, and have a clean report.  If they like your charge patterns, i.e. you make them money on transaction fees, you have a good chance.

Message 11 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Oh wow,

I thought they liked you to carry a balance over like 3 months and then pay it off in one fell swoop. Learning something new Smiley Happy Thanks!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Oh wow,

I thought they liked you to carry a balance over like 3 months and then pay it off in one fell swoop. Learning something new Smiley Happy Thanks!

Never carry balances with retail cards, interest rate is skyhigh. Good payment history/usage, and clean reports will earn you CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Oh wow,

Never carry balances with retail cards, interest rate is skyhigh. Good payment history/usage, and clean reports will earn you CLI's.

The 25.99 % APR's yikes !!

Seeing all these CLI's lately is making me jealous

Message 14 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Oh wow,

The 25.99 % APR's yikes !!

Seeing all these CLI's lately is making me jealous

I want to see ANY CLI from GE111

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

2 Things:

1. Depending how long it has been inactive a CL of $124 from GE means it's been decreased for no other reason then non use and you can usually call and have the original CL put back in place "because you want to start spending money again!"

2. You do not need to roll ANY balance over to next month and pay interest on eit, you just need to have a balance at the time your statement was posted of less than 9% of your CL and then pay in full when it arrives, that will give you the update to credit showing you use the card very well!

Good to know Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.