Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for JCPenney Card?

tag
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

CLI for JCPenney Card?

I've had the card since 2002 and I have not had any increase since then. I have $300 limit. I use the card every month, never go over and never late. Will I be eligible for a CLI?

If so, does JCP usually do a soft pull or a hard pull when assessing my credit account? How generous are they with CLI?

Would like to be in the 700 score by the end of the year and is hoping JCP will increase my limit?

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI for JCPenney Card?

Hi, I am totally shocked that you have had this card since 2002 and no cli, what I would do is speak to a customer rep, also what you can do is sign up for online services to check your account on the site there is a cli button where you can submit your request on line.  Good Luck

I opened up account in April, 09 with a $500.00 cl two months later requested a cli with a customer rep cli $500.00 I am now at $1000.00.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

I'm not shock at all.  JCPenney credit practices remains questional with me.  My limit was only $300. My account was turned over to a collection agency back in 2003.  I threatened to sue, but settled instead.  We battled for a month. GE's attonery eventually called.  Sorry for the thread jack!!
Message 3 of 13
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

I know right.. Ive had the card for 7 years. I've seen that "CLI" button online everytime I check my account. But was scared to press that lovely button. I dont handle the word "DENIED" and "REJECTED" very well, so I never thought of clicking it.. Smiley Tongue

When you requested your CLI? Was it a soft pull or hard pull on your CR?

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 4 of 13
monicar2009
New Contributor

Had a good experience so far with them. Got the card around march with a 250 credit limit. Maxed it out and payed in full that month. Around aug I called for a cli because I was going on a big vacation. Went from 250 to 1500. They have been good with me. Plus its nice having the option to use their card at Rite Aid and some other pharmacys.
Message 5 of 13
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

JCP is GEMB and it is soft pull
Message 6 of 13
Established Contributor

@DeeBee18 wrote:

I know right.. Ive had the card for 7 years. I've seen that "CLI" button online everytime I check my account. But was scared to press that lovely button. I dont handle the word "DENIED" and "REJECTED" very well, so I never thought of clicking it.. :smileytongue:

When you requested your CLI? Was it a soft pull or hard pull on your CR?

It appears you have emotional responses to financial decisions. I believe for some/most this is inevitable, however, the more one can minimize this type of emotional response, to a business decision, the better off financially one may find themself. IMHO

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a JCPenney card a couple of weeks ago and saw the CLI button online and said why not, so I tried it and was denied, but they sent me a letter which said the reason for denial was due to my account not having 4 months of payment history, so apparently with 4 months of payment history you will be eligible for an increase. I am assuming that this also means that once I get a CLI I will have to wait another 4 months?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

I opened up account in April, 09 with a $500.00 cl two months later requested a cli with a customer rep cli $500.00 I am now at $1000.00.

Two months!  I opened JCP in July w/1200 CL and am planning to ask for a CLI at the 4 month point - in November.  You're giving me twitchy fingers.......

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee18 wrote:

Would like to be in the 700 score by the end of the year and is hoping JCP will increase my limit?

You're doing great - you'll be in the 700 club soon, I'm sure.

Just remember that CL's do not affect your score.  Sometimes FAKO reports will have a negative comment about low credit limits - but they do not affect real-world FICO scores.  You can be in the 700 (and 800) club with a single low-limit card.  DH hit 802 with only 1 cc - a $500 CL Orchard Bank card.

Your utilization and your number of cards reporting balances will have an immediate impact on your scores.  How are you doing on these?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.