Established Contributor

Re: CLI for JCPenney Card?

Definitely press that "luv button"!!!  JCP is very good about giving CLIs every 4 months. Mine went from $100 limit to $2700 limit in just 3 clicks in a little over a year.
Regular Contributor

beamMEup wrote:

DeeBee18 wrote:

Would like to be in the 700 score by the end of the year and is hoping JCP will increase my limit?

You're doing great - you'll be in the 700 club soon, I'm sure.

Just remember that CL's do not affect your score.  Sometimes FAKO reports will have a negative comment about low credit limits - but they do not affect real-world FICO scores.  You can be in the 700 (and 800) club with a single low-limit card.  DH hit 802 with only 1 cc - a $500 CL Orchard Bank card.

Your utilization and your number of cards reporting balances will have an immediate impact on your scores.  How are you doing on these?

I actually doing ok on the rest of the CC accounts:

So far I have:

Citicard - $5, 800 limit ($10 balance)

Macys - $2,000 limit ($5 balance)

JCP - $300 limit ( 0 balance, just paid off)

Citi - $3,300 limit ($500 balance) - trying to lower balance to 9% utilization

Toyota Car Loan - paying on time, never late..

What do you think? Im really aiming for the 700 club.. Its been quite a journey getting there MYFICO rocks and i learned so much from everyone here.. :smileywink:

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

DeeBee18 wrote: So far I have:

Citicard - $5, 800 limit ($10 balance)

Macys - $2,000 limit ($5 balance)

JCP - $300 limit ( 0 balance, just paid off)

Citi - $3,300 limit ($500 balance) - trying to lower balance to 9% utilization

Toyota Car Loan - paying on time, never late..

What do you think? Im really aiming for the 700 club.. Its been quite a journey getting there MYFICO rocks and i learned so much from everyone here.. :smileywink:

Nice work!

You have five accounts (4 cc + 1 installment) with four reporting balances.  Having less than half of your accounts reporting balances is a good way for most people to up FICO scores.  In your case, that would mean only reporting balances on two accounts - your installment plus 1 cc. 

And, yes, hit that luv button! 

Edited to add:  Anyway to transfer that $500 balance to your higher CL Citicard while you're working on paying down that balance?  That would bring you down to under 9% on one card reporting.

Message Edited by beamMEup on 09-28-2009 03:51 PM
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.