cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for JCPenney Card?

Established Contributor

Re: CLI for JCPenney Card?

Definitely press that "luv button"!!!  JCP is very good about giving CLIs every 4 months. Mine went from $100 limit to $2700 limit in just 3 clicks in a little over a year.
Message 11 of 13
Regular Contributor

beamMEup wrote:

DeeBee18 wrote:

Would like to be in the 700 score by the end of the year and is hoping JCP will increase my limit?

You're doing great - you'll be in the 700 club soon, I'm sure.

Just remember that CL's do not affect your score.  Sometimes FAKO reports will have a negative comment about low credit limits - but they do not affect real-world FICO scores.  You can be in the 700 (and 800) club with a single low-limit card.  DH hit 802 with only 1 cc - a $500 CL Orchard Bank card.

Your utilization and your number of cards reporting balances will have an immediate impact on your scores.  How are you doing on these?

I actually doing ok on the rest of the CC accounts:

So far I have:

Citicard - $5, 800 limit ($10 balance)

Macys - $2,000 limit ($5 balance)

JCP - $300 limit ( 0 balance, just paid off)

Citi - $3,300 limit ($500 balance) - trying to lower balance to 9% utilization

Toyota Car Loan - paying on time, never late..

What do you think? Im really aiming for the 700 club.. Its been quite a journey getting there MYFICO rocks and i learned so much from everyone here.. Smiley Wink

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

DeeBee18 wrote: So far I have:

Citicard - $5, 800 limit ($10 balance)

Macys - $2,000 limit ($5 balance)

JCP - $300 limit ( 0 balance, just paid off)

Citi - $3,300 limit ($500 balance) - trying to lower balance to 9% utilization

Toyota Car Loan - paying on time, never late..

What do you think? Im really aiming for the 700 club.. Its been quite a journey getting there MYFICO rocks and i learned so much from everyone here.. Smiley Wink

Nice work!

You have five accounts (4 cc + 1 installment) with four reporting balances.  Having less than half of your accounts reporting balances is a good way for most people to up FICO scores.  In your case, that would mean only reporting balances on two accounts - your installment plus 1 cc. 

And, yes, hit that luv button! 

Edited to add:  Anyway to transfer that $500 balance to your higher CL Citicard while you're working on paying down that balance?  That would bring you down to under 9% on one card reporting.

Message Edited by beamMEup on 09-28-2009 03:51 PM
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Message 13 of 13