Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for Kay jewelers

tag
madesomemistakes
Valued Member

CLI for Kay jewelers

Are customer initiated credit increases hard pulls or soft pulls?  Is it true that you have to go into the store to request one?
Experian-770 Transunion-780 Equifax-780
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: CLI for Kay jewelers

Yes, it is true that you have to go into the store to request the increase.  I just did this a few weeks ago. You have to have had your card at least 1 year before requesting an increase as well.

Be careful...they will tell you that your credit limit is one thing when what they mean is that you can buy up to 10% more of your credit limit.  For example, I was told that my limit was $4950 by the employee while in the store.  They didn't show the increase online, but they did show my purchase...Go figure!  So, I called to make sure I had in fact received the increased limit.  I was told my limit was $4500.  I told them that if they couldn't honor what their employee told me my limit would be that I would be returning my husband's BD present and would make my purchase elsewhere.  I told them that I felt that I was deceived in making the purchasing because I specifically told them I needed to only use 20% of the limit and with the $4500 I'd be over my goal.

Darci was AWESOME!  She talked to her manager and they increased my limit to $5000 to honor what the employee stated.  I was not mean, but I was firm and it worked.  I also have exceptional history with them so that helped I'm sure.  I always buy all of my Xmas jewelery gifts there and I pay it off within 3 months.

Oh...It is a SOFT pull!

Good luck to you.

Message Edited by adamseve on 09-30-2009 05:12 PM
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HARD! it's a hard and they don't tell you
Message 3 of 4
adamseve
Established Contributor

It wasn't a hard pull for me.  I never got an inquiry from Sterling.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.