Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for Newegg Preferred Account?

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

CLI for Newegg Preferred Account?

I was just curious if anyone has had experience with getting CLIs with their Newegg accounts. I've had the same limit since opening the account a few years ago, but there's no luv button online and I've never seen anyone mention auto-luv with them. Is calling in and taking an HP the only recourse? Are they generous with CLI requests?
CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI for Newegg Preferred Account?

@sarux3 wrote:
I was just curious if anyone has had experience with gettingCLIs with theirNewegg accounts. I've had the same limit since opening the account a few years ago, but there's no luv buttononline and I've never seen anyone mention auto-luv with them. Is calling in and taking an HP the only recourse? Are they generous withCLI requests?

Actually I just tried this a week or two ago. I had to call in and the creditor for the preferred account is the bill me later people. He could see my BML account as well, said they are not currently giving CLIs. When I asked why he said they want to push BML over newegg preferred and that I could of course try whatever purchase I wanted on my BML and it might increase the limit. 

It sounds like they may be in the process of winding down the preferred account operations. After all TigerDirect closed their credit card, maybe these cards are not utilized as much on these tech websites. I was not satisfied with the answer the rep gave me but he did try really hard to provide good customer service. He actually talked to me like a real human being instead of the typical call rep robot style.

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.