Regular Contributor

CLI for Paypal master card with Credit Freeze in place

I called GE Paypal credit card services number "8005282334" to request a CLI on my Paypal extra master card. Credit analyst took my basic info and confirmed me it will be a softpul for the CLI request. She put me hold for a while and came back and said, she is unable to pull my credit report from Tran Union as I have a freeze in place. 

She asked me to lift the freeze so that they can do a soft pull on my CR. 

I am confused here, so far I understand for all GE cards its a softpull and credit freeze on your account does not matter. However call with Paypal card services proved to be wrong, It will be a soft pull on your report, however you should not have a credit freeze on the file. 

Can some one confirm on this ? Do I need to remove a freeze to get a CLI on any of my GE cards, even though it is a soft pull or this is very speciifc to Paypal extra master card ? 

Please advise.

Thank you.

USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI for Paypal master card with Credit Freeze in place

As far as I know and have read current cards you have can do a soft credit check even if frozen. 

Senior Contributor

CardsLifeLine wrote:

I called GE Paypal credit card services number "8005282334" to request a CLI on my Paypal extra master card. Credit analyst took my basic info and confirmed me it will be a softpul for the CLI request. She put me hold for a while and came back and said, she is unable to pull my credit report from Tran Union as I have a freeze in place. 

She asked me to lift the freeze so that they can do a soft pull on my CR. 

I am confused here, so far I understand for all GE cards its a softpull and credit freeze on your account does not matter. However call with Paypal card services proved to be wrong, It will be a soft pull on your report, however you should not have a credit freeze on the file. 

Can some one confirm on this ? Do I need to remove a freeze to get a CLI on any of my GE cards, even though it is a soft pull or this is very speciifc to Paypal extra master card ? 

Please advise.

Thank you.

Yes-must remove the freeze on TU, it is typically a SP (except for Carecredit, which is generally a HP).

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

GE is a strange beast. I recently had the same issue and here's what I learned.

Yes, a current creditor can perform a soft inquiry even though your reports are frozen. But GE can / will not. Nobody knows why.

I had my TU frozen and called for a CLI and even though they (and everybody else) stated it was a soft pull, the analyst said he couldn't access my credit report because it was frozen. So, I unfroze TU while on the phone with him and he was then able to perform the inquiry and grant the CLI. I then promptly refroze TU.

Indeed, it was a soft pull. Not a hard. Strange.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.