Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI from GEMB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI from GEMB

I'm an online banking sort of girl, and I've had no end of trouble with GEMB taking up to 2 weeks to post a payment. That irritated the heck out of me, and makes me nervous when the money from my checking account is instantly debited, but it takes weeks to credit the payment? So someone here suggested that it's better to pay in cash, in the store. I've gotten better results this way, but it's a lot of hassle. I have to go to a bank or ATM machine, because I don't carry cash. Then, I actually have to go to a Walmart, stand in a long line, explain to the CSR several times that I'm making a payment, etc... Way more effort than I want to invest into paying a bill.

I don't know what gives with this recent un-posting of a cash payment, though. That's just weird. It was cash in a store. And, it posted within 48 hours. I saw that it was posted. How is it now unposted, after the due date? I might be overly suspicious, but it makes me think that GEMB is trying to pull a fast one and generate some interest.

I only recently (early 2008) started shopping in Walmart at all. I don't like the store, but I discovered (driving a post-surgical friend) that they have cheaper laundry detergent, toilet tissue and cleaning supplies. I had a hard time ignoring that fact as I paid higher prices for the exact same stuff elsewhere, so I swallowed my angst, and started shopping there for basic household supplies, and some of the staple groceries (like dry goods, and canned goods that we use). But, I noticed that their prices have risen significantly in the last two months, and are back in line with what I'd pay at Target (my preferred place to shop). And, I never have any issues with my Target card. I make an online payment, and it's credited the same day, or the next day. No fuss, no muss.

If I see a better deal at Walmart, I'll still make purchases there, but I won't be using their card much, save for a small purchase, every other month or so to keep it active. I'll use a rewards card instead.

mjbfan79 wrote:

Why do u say it's to much work lol. I never had a problem with my payments posting i do notice my cash limit keeps changing one min it's 60 Dollars then the next it's 80 Dollars.

Someone gave me a gift card for Target for Christmas they have some nice things but Target prices are to high i'll take Wal-Mart over Target anyday.

Message Edited by LilMirth on 01-04-2009 01:39 AM
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm an online banking sort of girl, and I've had no end of trouble with GEMB taking up to 2 weeks to post a payment. That irritated the heck out of me, and makes me nervous when the money from my checking account is instantly debited, but it takes weeks to credit the payment? So someone here suggested that it's better to pay in cash, in the store. I've gotten better results this way, but it's a lot of hassle. I have to go to a bank or ATM machine, because I don't carry cash. Then, I actually have to go to a Walmart, stand in a long line, explain to the CSR several times that I'm making a payment, etc... Way more effort than I want to invest into paying a bill.

I don't know what gives with this recent un-posting of a cash payment, though. That's just weird. It was cash in a store. And, it posted within 48 hours. I saw that it was posted. How is it now unposted, after the due date? I might be overly suspicious, but it makes me think that GEMB is trying to pull a fast one and generate some interest.

I only recently (early 2008) started shopping in Walmart at all. I don't like the store, but I discovered (driving a post-surgical friend) that they have cheaper laundry detergent, toilet tissue and cleaning supplies. I had a hard time ignoring that fact as I paid higher prices for the exact same stuff elsewhere, so I swallowed my angst, and started shopping there for basic household supplies, and some of the staple groceries (like dry goods, and canned goods that we use). But, I noticed that their prices have risen significantly in the last two months, and are back in line with what I'd pay at Target (my preferred place to shop). And, I never have any issues with my Target card. I make an online payment, and it's credited the same day, or the next day. No fuss, no muss.

If I see a better deal at Walmart, I'll still make purchases there, but I won't be using their card much, save for a small purchase, every other month or so to keep it active. I'll use a rewards card instead.

I understand when i first got the card back in the July i would try to pay at the registers an some of the cashiers didn't no how to take payments but i learned after that to always pay at the service desk.

I do notice when you pay online it does take like 3 days to post to your account which is ok with me cause i always pay way before the due date. But yeah the 2 weeks thing was a bit to much.

I use to pay on my card 2 or 3 times a month before the statement cuts but i got tired of doing that. Now i use the card all month an just PIF when the bill cuts.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 01-04-2009 12:49 AM
Message 12 of 13
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I don't understand GEMB at all.

I have a Discount Tire Card that is almost 5 years old.  It was my first store card. Initial limit was $900, after the card arrived I got a CLI of $100 when I went into the store and a sales person called customer service for me.  Since then I have yet to see a CLI eventhough I have asked once a year and have even sent a recon letter.

However, they have given me a CareCredit card with CL of 2500, an HSN card with CL of 300 and a Lowes card.

Lowes card had CL of 700 after first month I called in and asked for CLI to buy a shed.  I was asked all types of questions regarding my accounts with other banks and CUs and was given CLI of 400....with no history on the account. 

They confuse me. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.