Did you mean: 

CLI from Target!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLI from Target!

@Anonymous wrote:

@fishbjc wrote:
Checked my third statement today, received a nice $200 cli. From $300 - $500. I'll take it...Thanks Target!
Congrats! How'd you use the card?

poor cheddar... the Target mouse just doesn't want to give him a nibble... (Congrats, fish!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 21
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Wow, do you think they increased your limit specifically because your card was near maxed and they wanted to give you more spending power?

Recently, someone submitted a post suggesting that maxing cards is a method, albeit risky one, to get CLI.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 12 of 21
mandy102

Don't give up on Target...Had my card since Oct, 07....200 cl....went in store the other day, cashier asked if I wanted to upgrade to Visa,,,Why not.....instantly approved for 4k......Ya neva knowSmiley Happy thought I would be at 200 cl forever.
Message 13 of 21
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

How had you been using your card?  Do you know if it was a soft or hard pull?
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI my wife got a target with $200CL no CLI but on 1ST annavisory upgraded to visa $4000cl. I got mine $200 3rd month $300cli to $500 over a year no more CLI no upgrade to a VISA so if you don't get a CLI i'm thinking on your 1ST annavorsy you might get upgraded to VISA.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ask you before or after you made a purchase?
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give Target a chance...I got my store card in 04/07.  The limit was $200.  I used the card only one time.  At the beginning of November, I got a letter from them stating that I could expect my new Target Visa card, CL $1000, by the end of the month.  Sure enough, about the 3rd week of November it arrived in the mail.  I've used the card one time since then and it seems like the 7th month is the charm for me so I wonder if I'll be getting a CLI next month sometime.
Message 17 of 21
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I used my Target card for purchases of about $100 and PIF and never got any love, so they got canceled.
Here we go again...
Message 18 of 21
mandy102

The cashier asked me if I wanted to upgrade to visa.....answered a few "normal" questions on little machine at register..........the she said its been approved and I could put my purchase on new card. I thought it replaced  the redcard........guess not I signed in to that account,,,still there, still 200cl Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Fish,

I just got a cli today also.  Went from $200 to $500 automatically.

Use the card every month... 1st month charged $70 and pif.  2nd month charged $82 and paid $40 and 3 month charged $75 and paid $60.00..  Balance as of yesterday was $82.00.

Hope others get lucky as well.  I heard not everyone gets an auto increase which makes no sense to me.

Bobby
Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.