Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI info and help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI info and help

hello everyone. I have had a somewhat app spree in the past few months.  I wanted to ask about CLI's since I hear so much about everyone getting them lately. My credit score with TU is 691 and EX is approx. 675. I recently tried for a 3x on my Amex delta gold but I applied for it before the 61 days since I heard you could but nope not true letter said account not open for 60 days.  

Ihave had my discover card for 60 days an my initial credit line is 6500. I honestly don't use this card much I have put maybe $200 on it but paid in full.  When could I apply for a CLI and would my chances be good at approval.

I have a cap 1 quicksilver which started in November with $3000 and last month for automaticall bumped to $8000 without me asking

my Cap1 Venture card I got in Decemeber also started with $3000 and I did apply for a CLI yesterday but was turned down.  I would like to merge these cards soon but wanted to get a CLI on the venture card first.  I typically only have a 10% utilization on the card if to less.

I just got a Ritz card from chase with a SL of $5000. When would be a wise time to apply for a CLI or should I just let it come automatically.

i do not need the credit lines I just want to get higher limits so my UTI stays as low as possible. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI info and help

Assuming the CLI requests result in SPs and not HPs there's no reason to not periodically attempt CLIs if that's your goal as it doesn't hurt your score at all.  Most on these forums recommend trying once a month or so depending on the creditor.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI info and help

Do the creditors look at all the attempts negatively?  Like if I try with cap 1 once a month and keep getting denied type thing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.