cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI....knocking out two birds with one stone.....

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

CLI....knocking out two birds with one stone.....

I am on my wife's Bank of America card....just got her a CLI from $1,500 to $2,000....which should not only reduce her utilization but my utilization also.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI....knocking out two birds with one stone.....

very nice Madison!  Hope you both see some points.  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Madison
Regular Contributor

When I talked with Bank of Americal Credit Department, she said she needed to pull credit report. I asked her if it would be a soft credit report check? She said "Yes, you know your stuff"...So not only did I get CLI increase for both my wife's and my FICO, they did it with a soft credit check......This should put me under 50% utilization, which I hope will give my FICO another credit score alert.....hoping so anyway. And get this...she offered me new card with $2,000 at 9.99%. I didn't take her up on the new offer as I felt it would show new credit applied for. But it was tempting. I asked and she agreed to call me in Jan. 08...Maybe at that time I will have more things off my credit history and I will be starting a new year for new credit applied for.

Message Edited by Madison on 11-03-2007 08:20 AM
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Isn't it nice, not to feel like a driveling idiot when you're on the phone with these people?!?!? Smiley Very Happy Knowledge is power!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

knowledge, educating yourself and then using it and making it work!!
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If BOA offers you a card, I think you should take it. BOA is a prime card and it will help you a lot going forward. I would not mind getting an inquiry on CR if I am offered a $2000 BOA Card. I would say go for it and get it. They are normally good with CLI's. I have 99/500 secure card with them, waiting for them to make it unsecured so I can get a CLI from them.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.