Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI of FIA card upon activation~~~~~~~

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

CLI of FIA card upon activation~~~~~~~

I just received the Fide Amex card which I thought came with a $2K limit, so I called FIA and requested a higher CL to $3K. It's because my highest CL is $5.5K, so I didn't expect much CLI.

Then the lady told me I was originally approved of $2.5K line, I was thinking.. crap, I had a poor memory, and she asked me about income, etc, then I realized it was going to be a HP and planned to give up, thinking a $500 CLI is definitely not worth an inquiry. But then she told me any inquiries initiated by FIA will be combined into one if  they occured within thirty days and conducted in the same burea. Though she told me she's not sure which burea did FIA initially check when they approve me the card one week ago, it's most likely that she would pull the report from the same one (Sorry, I forgot which one, poor memory).

So it doesn't hurt anyway. After 3 minutes of brief hold,  she approved my $500 CLI request. Damn.. I should have asked more if I knew it would be a HP.

But I'm still happy within it. Smiley Happy

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI of FIA card upon activation~~~~~~~

Congratulations on the CLI, it's a good card.

I see in your sig that you plan to do Priceline.   Why, if you have this?  Greater acceptance or do you want the 5% off Name your Deal stuff?

Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats...hopefully you got it without the additional Hp!
Message 3 of 8
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Congratulations on the CLI, it's a good card.

I see in your sig that you plan to do Priceline.   Why, if you have this?  Greater acceptance or do you want the 5% off Name your Deal stuff?

It's for greater acceptace and also to increase my 2% off card CL.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 4 of 8
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats on your cli.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Could be wrong but I thought Priceline was doing away with the 2%
Message 6 of 8
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

nope, still available.You just need to apply through a special link
Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.