Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on Amex Blue w/ balance--no problem

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

CLI on Amex Blue w/ balance--no problem

Just as an FYI, I recently applied for a CLI on AMEX using the automated phone system. Had 11K credit line with 1.7K balance (before statement cutoff). Was hesitant to apply with a balance of ~16% on the card, but figured why not. Applied for 18K credit line. Instantly approved, and credit line available immediately. This might be helpful for people who wonder if you can apply for an increase if you are currently using credit line--so you don' t have to zero the balance first!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI on Amex Blue w/ balance--no problem

Congrats!  Nice request and limit 

I, too, requested a CLI with a balance on my Blue and only after 2 months having the card.  No problems whatsoever and available immediately. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI on Amex Blue w/ balance--no problem

Isn't the rule you can ask for up to 3x with no problems? Every 6 months?

I guess the first CLI you ask for can come any time after initial approval, and then every X months after, is that correct? Trying to understand for my new Blue...

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex BCP, Platinum, Gold, NFCU Flagship, Spark Biz.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.