Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on my Sams store

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI on my Sams store

I hit the luv button after the 4th and 5th statement and was denied. After the 6th statement I finally got 1. It's only a $300 increase but that increase can make up for my $300 HSBC Discover Rewards card I finally closed.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI on my Sams store

@Anonymous wrote:
I hit the luv button after the 4th and 5th statement and was denied. After the 6th statement I finally got 1. It's only a $300 increase but that increase can make up for my $300 HSBC Discover Rewards card I finally closed.

Congrats seems like Sam's wants 5 to 6 Months payment history before they give increase I just received a $325 increase earlier this months I've had my account 5 months now going on 6.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 01-16-2009 08:18 AM
Message 2 of 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

That is about right for Sam's and GE Money Bank. I get one every six months. Tried it once at 4 months, and it said not enough experience at this credit level. Stay at 6 months for CLI requests, and they will treat you good if you keep in good standing. I PIF my Sam's store card and my Sam's Discover. I have both since they upgraded me a year ago to the Discover. Thing is, I have two separate accounts reporting which was great for me. My EQ was barely 600 when I got the first one, now it is 704. Just be patient. Six months comes around soon enough.

BTW, when I got my first CLI for the Sam's card, I did it over the phone on the automated system. They(automated robot voice) actually asked me how much CL I wanted. I was so stunned I didn't know what to say. My limit was 600, so I said$1000, and they gave me $1000, plus the existing  balance(statement had not posted yet) which was $72. That made my CL $1072. Six months later I tried the LUV button and got 1600. That's where I am now and just made 24 months.  Just PIF every month and get your CLI every six months. Works like a charm for me. Good luck.

Message 3 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats and keep up the great work

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.