New Visitor
fbenit1

CLI or New Card

Currently have a discover card and would like to increase my available credit.

Contacted Discover and said they would have to do a hard pull to increase my credit line. Would it be better to just increase my current credit line or apply for a new credit card? 

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: CLI or New Card

fbenit1 wrote:

Currently have a discover card and would like to increase my available credit.

Contacted Discover and said they would have to do a hard pull to increase my credit line. Would it be better to just increase my current credit line or apply for a new credit card? 

Is it your only card?

What is limit?

Do you have any recent credit report and score that you know to share?

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
New Visitor
fbenit1

Got two cards. Started with a secured card from capital one and this Discover More card. The limit on the more is $1250.00. Kinda low. 

From recent Credit Inform on the Capital One card it shows a 692 score. Will probably get my actual scores before doing anything.

Frequent Contributor
Laugh

[ Edited ]

fbenit1 wrote:

Got two cards. Started with a secured card from capital one and this Discover More card. The limit on the more is $1250.00. Kinda low. 

From recent Credit Inform on the Capital One card it shows a 692 score. Will probably get my actual scores before doing anything.

Change the More into the IT. The IT gives you 1% cashback right away. 

Any baddies? 

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
New Visitor
fbenit1

Yes actually made the request already. 

No, all payment on time. Maybe the only issue is that my credit file is a little thin. 

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

fbenit1 wrote:

Yes actually made the request already. 

No, all payment on time. Maybe the only issue is that my credit file is a little thin. 

Write Exec office for capital one for a CLI.

I would check pre-qual for Chase and for Citi and apply for one or both of those if you get offers

Then I would ask for CLI on Discover and tell them you got approved for and how much.... tell them if they don't match it or beat it you will use Discover only to stay active but you will make it your daily use card if they treat you like the other banks see you fit to be!

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+