cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI or New Card

New Visitor

CLI or New Card

Currently have a discover card and would like to increase my available credit.

 

Contacted Discover and said they would have to do a hard pull to increase my credit line. Would it be better to just increase my current credit line or apply for a new credit card? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Epic Contributor

Re: CLI or New Card


fbenit1 wrote:

Currently have a discover card and would like to increase my available credit.

 

Contacted Discover and said they would have to do a hard pull to increase my credit line. Would it be better to just increase my current credit line or apply for a new credit card? 


Is it your only card?

What is limit?

Do you have any recent credit report and score that you know to share?

Message 2 of 6
New Visitor

Re: CLI or New Card

Got two cards. Started with a secured card from capital one and this Discover More card. The limit on the more is $1250.00. Kinda low. 

 

From recent Credit Inform on the Capital One card it shows a 692 score. Will probably get my actual scores before doing anything.

Message 3 of 6
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI or New Card


fbenit1 wrote:

Got two cards. Started with a secured card from capital one and this Discover More card. The limit on the more is $1250.00. Kinda low. 

 

From recent Credit Inform on the Capital One card it shows a 692 score. Will probably get my actual scores before doing anything.


Change the More into the IT. The IT gives you 1% cashback right away. 

 

Any baddies? 

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 4 of 6
New Visitor

Re: CLI or New Card

Yes actually made the request already. 

 

No, all payment on time. Maybe the only issue is that my credit file is a little thin. 

Message 5 of 6
Epic Contributor

Re: CLI or New Card


fbenit1 wrote:

Yes actually made the request already. 

 

No, all payment on time. Maybe the only issue is that my credit file is a little thin. 


Write Exec office for capital one for a CLI.

 

I would check pre-qual for Chase and for Citi and apply for one or both of those if you get offers

Then I would ask for CLI on Discover and tell them you got approved for and how much.... tell them if they don't match it or beat it you will use Discover only to stay active but you will make it your daily use card if they treat you like the other banks see you fit to be!

Message 6 of 6