Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI or new card?

tag
blooro
New Contributor

CLI or new card?

Time to open up somen new credit - should i get a CLI on current cards or apply for new ones? I only have 3 CCs

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI or new card?

That is a tough question without more information.  What are your scores?  What is the average age on the accounts?  Are you going to be making any major purchases soon?

Without knowing any of this, I can say that if you can get a CLI without them doing a hard pull, then do that.  It never hurts to have a little extra credit.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

More info needed for better suggestion

Message 3 of 6
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Unless the CLIs will require a hard pull, why not both? Your current CLs are always a huge factor in how big a new CL will be.

Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@blooro wrote:

Time to open up somen new credit - should i get a CLI on current cards or apply for new ones? I only have 3 CCs

Do you know your FICO scores? Are your reports clean or dirty? How long is your credit history?

Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If you can get CLI's on your cards it is well worth it than opening new accounts which will reduce your AAoA on your current accounts. Inq's will fall off after few months but AAoA is hard to build it back. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.