Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI or new card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI or new card

Unfortunately, i'm not looking for a job since I'm currently applying to Grad school right now. But still, i guess the best bet is just to hold off then yeah? 

Message 11 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, i'm not looking for a job since I'm currently applying to Grad school right now. But still, i guess the best bet is just to hold off then yeah? 

A reliable lender will not approve an applicant who has no income.  Some lenders list on the application a min. income required to be considered for a particular credit product.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 19
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will you be getting a stipend for grad school? If so, that's income so wait until that starts coming in before you apply for any new cards. Like score_building said, good lenders won't approve you without income no matter what your score.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oo. I also noticed that on the application it says "annual household income" so I called to check with CitiBank, and it appears I can use my parents income as well? Any input on this? =) Thank you for all of the help! 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hey thanks for the quick reply! do you know how easy it is to get the citi forward card for college students? i only ask because i don't have an income at the momenet =T 

Check out the Citi Dividend Platinum Select for college students.  I got one while I was in college and got a $4k CL.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you're transitioning from undergrad to graduate school I think you can still call yourself a student when you apply for a card.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

hm..really now...did you have an income? thanks !

Message 17 of 19
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, if you're transitioning from undergrad to graduate school I think you can still call yourself a student when you apply for a card.

Yes! The reason we all said initially no student cards was because you didn't tell us originally you were going to grad school. I'd try for one of the Citi student cards...they seem to be the most generous. Maybe try the Forward card if you want rewards or if you want to be safer, try one of their non-rewards student cards.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think i might be able to get the citi forward with the "annual HOUSEHOLD income" =) Thank you for all of the help guys, sorry for the misclarification! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.