cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI request for Chase, Citi and Wells Fargo. Soft pulls or Internal Review?

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

CLI request for Chase, Citi and Wells Fargo. Soft pulls or Internal Review?

Hi Guys, 

I am tryng to help my gf get a CLI on her cards with Citi, chase and Wells.

Do any of these lenders do internal reviews without pulling credit at all? 

OR 

Should she first get her utilization lower to increase her credit scores for a better chance at CLI with these lenders.?

Her scores are around 640 (credit karma) 

Across the board she has 32% utilization when counting all her credit cards available limit. 

Chase card was almost maxed out with a Balance transfer offer 

Wells Fargo has 50% balance. 

Citi has zero balance and actually has never been used. 

Any insight  appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: CLI request for Chase, Citi and Wells Fargo. Soft pulls or Internal Review?

IME Wells Fargo does periodic cli's that are typically small increases.  They have been fairly conservative with my tradeline.  You can call them direct and ask if the card qualifies for a cli with a soft pull and they will tell you how much you can get.  Hard pulls for cli's are always available and they do counter so ask for a lot.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 4
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Chase is going to be a HP when you request it, Citi is a SP just go online and do it. Can't tell you anything about Wells as I don't have them.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ojefferyo wrote:

Chase is going to be a HP when you request it, Citi is a SP just go online and do it. Can't tell you anything about Wells as I don't have them.

Correction - Citi is not always SP.  For accounts that qualify (or are SP-elegible), it will be indicated when the request is being submitted (i.e. verbiage that states no credit pull), any other time it will be HP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.