cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

tag
DollyLlama

CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

Does anyone ever call underwriters/analysts to start a CLI request? I’m not talking about calling for recon after a frontline CSR couldn’t give you what you wanted.

Curious about FIA and U.S. Bank in particular.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

From what I have read you can call the number on the back of your card for US Bank. In order to get one it has to be 6 months. YMMV

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

With FIA I've rang and analyst and done it on the website and it really doesn't make a difference. Ringing an analyst just saves time and you can get a decision right away. The people you speak with at the US Bank number are not the people who make decisions. Multiple times they've said something like, "I'll send this to the underwriters." or "The analysts take a few days to make a decision.". So even though they answer as "Credit Card Underwriting", they aren't the underwriters.

Chase analysts cannot start a request and will tell you that you have to start the request with customer service first before they can look at it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.