Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI requests (online, via chat, etc...)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI requests (online, via chat, etc...)

I have been reading some posts on here about CLI. And I've seen quiet a bit that people have been approved for a lower amount then request higher and get counter offered. Is this usually over the phone, via chat, luv button? I know some companies ask what amount you were wanting, is this a catch 22 question? What do you base your desired CLI on? Depending on the card do you expect an increase more than once a year, bi-annually, more? Once again, trying to learn.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI requests (online, via chat, etc...)

A counter offer would only apply if there is a two way conversation established. The Luv button doesnt have countering capability.

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Comenity - online or through automated phone system... always say no to specific amount and keep repeating steps and asking again until it says no... you can do it monthly with many of the store cards (overstock, Crate and Barrel, Wayfair, etc.)

Sync - Chat or through credit solutions, new how to thread was started but basically they will counter so ask SUPER HIGH

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Comenity - online or through automated phone system... always say no to specific amount and keep repeating steps and asking again until it says no... you can do it monthly with many of the store cards (overstock, Crate and Barrel, Wayfair, etc.)

Sync - Chat or through credit solutions, new how to thread was started but basically they will counter so ask SUPER HIGH

+1

Amex's Online CLI will also counter as well and is a SP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.