cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

Contributor

CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

 

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

 

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.


IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

Really depends on your total file, how many hard inqs int he last 12 months. You should count on any CLI being a HP, but I would try Capital one at the 1 year mark.

Fico 8 11/8/16
Equifax 836, TransUnion 836 12/30/16 , Experian 842 1/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 17
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 2 of 6
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

I am not sure about your other cards, but for your Amazon it shouldn't be a HP. GE which issues the Amazon card is generally generous with CLI's every four months.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 6
Epic Contributor

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?


trying_to_B_good wrote:

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

 

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

 

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.


Dont' we have this exact convo last month?

CreditOne every 6 months - it's SP but might cost you $25.

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

Kay - 1 year and it's a HP unless auto which some have said 1 year

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

don't know fingerhut or goody's

angels would be like total rewards.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?


Creditaddict wrote:

trying_to_B_good wrote:

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

 

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

 

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.


Dont' we have this exact convo last month?

CreditOne every 6 months - it's SP but might cost you $25.

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

Kay - 1 year and it's a HP unless auto which some have said 1 year

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

don't know fingerhut or goody's

angels would be like total rewards.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!


WE DID, DIDN'T WE!Smiley Very Happy Just always lookin for input and opinions. Good to hear from ya creditaddict!!! I am about to make the call to credit solutions NOW! I currently have a $600 limit....What do you think I should ask for....$2,000?Smiley Surprised


IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?


trying_to_B_good wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

trying_to_B_good wrote:

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

 

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

 

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.


Dont' we have this exact convo last month?

CreditOne every 6 months - it's SP but might cost you $25.

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

Kay - 1 year and it's a HP unless auto which some have said 1 year

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

don't know fingerhut or goody's

angels would be like total rewards.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!


WE DID, DIDN'T WE!Smiley Very Happy Just always lookin for input and opinions. Good to hear from ya creditaddict!!! I am about to make the call to credit solutions NOW! I currently have a $600 limit....What do you think I should ask for....$2,000?Smiley Surprised


Perhaps let your payment post since you are late.

Then depending on your current balance... sure ask for $2k.

Message 6 of 6