Contributor
trying_to_B_good

CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

THANKS GUYS!:smileylol:

AUBURN

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.

IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Frequent Contributor
blondy250

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

Really depends on your total file, how many hard inqs int he last 12 months. You should count on any CLI being a HP, but I would try Capital one at the 1 year mark.

MyFico 4/18/14
Experian-820, Equifax-834, Transunion (Discover)--850-- 7/6/14
Aaoa-9yrs, Oldest-14yrs
1 inquiry equifax 04 Chase mortgage
"Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score".
Frequent Contributor
OhioCPA

I am not sure about your other cards, but for your Amazon it shouldn't be a HP. GE which issues the Amazon card is generally generous with CLI's every four months.

________________________________________________________________________________
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

trying_to_B_good wrote:

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

AUBURN

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.

Dont' we have this exact convo last month?

CreditOne every 6 months - it's SP but might cost you $25.

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

Kay - 1 year and it's a HP unless auto which some have said 1 year

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

don't know fingerhut or goody's

angels would be like total rewards.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Contributor
trying_to_B_good

Creditaddict wrote:

trying_to_B_good wrote:

AUBURN

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!

WE DID, DIDN'T WE!:smileyvery-happy: Just always lookin for input and opinions. Good to hear from ya creditaddict!!! I am about to make the call to credit solutions NOW! I currently have a $600 limit....What do you think I should ask for....$2,000?:smileysurprised:

IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

trying_to_B_good wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

trying_to_B_good wrote:

AUBURN

WE DID, DIDN'T WE!:smileyvery-happy: Just always lookin for input and opinions. Good to hear from ya creditaddict!!! I am about to make the call to credit solutions NOW! I currently have a $600 limit....What do you think I should ask for....$2,000?:smileysurprised:

Perhaps let your payment post since you are late.

Then depending on your current balance... sure ask for $2k.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+