Contributor

CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.

IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI's....WHEN TO ASK FOR THEM?

Really depends on your total file, how many hard inqs int he last 12 months. You should count on any CLI being a HP, but I would try Capital one at the 1 year mark.

As of 4/3/15
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure about your other cards, but for your Amazon it shouldn't be a HP. GE which issues the Amazon card is generally generous with CLI's every four months.

________________________________________________________________________________
Epic Contributor

trying_to_B_good wrote:

As you guys can see from my cards at them bottom of my post I have some rebuilder cards(all unsecured). I have had all of them from 5-8 months(depending on the card). Never late(only 3 days late on amazon), and carry a balance, occasionally, on them. I always pay more than the minimum if not PIF.  Would now be a good time to ask for a CLI or should I wait a couple more months when all have a zero balance?

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

ps....I will NOT ask for a Matrix increase. I plan to cancel it,after the eleventh month.

Dont' we have this exact convo last month?

CreditOne every 6 months - it's SP but might cost you $25.

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

Kay - 1 year and it's a HP unless auto which some have said 1 year

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

don't know fingerhut or goody's

angels would be like total rewards.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

trying_to_B_good wrote:

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

Total Rewards - every 6... it's comenity so should be SP and might get (not enough time at current credit line for the first 6-9 months of card... but keep pushing... they are usually good with auto CLI on store cards after the 9 months mark every 3-4 months.

amazon - every 4 statements... online and then call "Credit Solutions" not customer service, directly into credit analyst for manual instant review (they pull SP instantntly... don't worry when they say I have to pull credit... usually the reps are very good about saying it's a sp but either way, it 100% is only a sp and you can ask for huge increases, and they can counter.

and matrix should be 6 months but think you have to pay also... don't think it's a hp but not sure i would do it... because it would be the first card I get rid of... really now!

WE DID, DIDN'T WE!Smiley Very Happy Just always lookin for input and opinions. Good to hear from ya creditaddict!!! I am about to make the call to credit solutions NOW! I currently have a $600 limit....What do you think I should ask for....$2,000?Smiley Surprised

IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Epic Contributor

trying_to_B_good wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

trying_to_B_good wrote:

THANKS GUYS!Smiley LOL

AUBURN

WE DID, DIDN'T WE!Smiley Very Happy Just always lookin for input and opinions. Good to hear from ya creditaddict!!! I am about to make the call to credit solutions NOW! I currently have a $600 limit....What do you think I should ask for....$2,000?Smiley Surprised

Perhaps let your payment post since you are late.

Then depending on your current balance... sure ask for $2k.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.