Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's around the HOLIDAYS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI's around the HOLIDAYS?

I have been reading quite a few posts in the forums regarding members asking for CLI's around the holidays. Does anyone know from either personal experience with their CC's or know of other member results.?  Do banks such as SYNCH and CAP 1 become generous around the holidays for their customers even if the accounts are not exactly close to the six month period for most acceptance?  My interests are Amazon.com, Walmart and Cap 1 QS .  Thank You for reading my post as always  all comments and advice is welcome.  Have a Blessed Day 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI's around the HOLIDAYS?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been reading quite a few posts in the forums regarding members asking for CLI's around the holidays. Does anyone know from either personal experience with their CC's or know of other member results.?  Do banks such as SYNCH and CAP 1 become generous around the holidays for their customers even if the accounts are not exactly close to the six month period for most acceptance?  My interests are Amazon.com, Walmart and Cap 1 QS .  Thank You for reading my post as always  all comments and advice is welcome.  Have a Blessed Day 

Actually haven't seen no difference still all the same.

Message 2 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I never noticed any difference either. My last two auto luv came last month and pretty unexpected.  My biggest surprise would be an auto luv on my lowest limit account with the highest APR but I guess this is never going to happen... ths account  is really far behind all my other accounts ..lol...

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm interesting well thank you for your reply i guess i will just sit back and see what happens 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some store cards that give a little extra bump.  For ex. Overstock usually give me 300.00 increase per month, this month 500.00.  Not too significant though.  I am receiving increases this month, but it's hard to say because it's time for those increases and not necessarily because of Xmas.

Message 5 of 9
klarso11
Regular Contributor

My Capital One and Discover Cards won't budge for me, I contacted both and neither gave a cli. On the other hand all 3 of my Synchrony accounts and my Bestbuy Visa were at $500 to $1200 cl and now all 4 are at $5K clis, via chat button or email on website. So it appears they want me to spend more...so I did!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask which Synch Cards gave you the CLI and how long have you had them 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@klarso11 wrote:
My Capital One and Discover Cards won't budge for me, I contacted both and neither gave a cli. On the other hand all 3 of my Synchrony accounts and my Bestbuy Visa were at $500 to $1200 cl and now all 4 are at $5K clis, via chat button or email on website. So it appears they want me to spend more...so I did!

That is pretty normal with SyncB cards 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's/Bloomingdale's seem willing to give new/more credit. Nordstrom too.

I tried to get my au Wal Mart increased from $6000 to $10,000 and was denied for the first time due to I believe  2 BT's on my moms file of 70% of the limit even though her score is 704.

I think many of these lenders are quite nervous about overextention given the fact that over 50% of the population is living paycheck to paycheck and lacks $400 to cover emergencies.

So to answer your question I don't think holiday shopping is motivating lenders to increase credit limits.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.