Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's from Victoria's Secret

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI's from Victoria's Secret

Hey Everybody!!

It's been a minute I know, but look what I come back to... talk about my fav store.

Sorry to hear that about them not giving you the CLI Syl.

I have had a VS card since 2000 and the CL is now at 2500 (started at 300), with 1 CLD in 2001.

I have noticed that VS has the same elephant memory as AMEX, unfortunately. I had a late payment in 2001 and guess what they remembered it, so within the last 2yrs is very new to then (Sorry). I must say that I have not had any problems with them getting what I requested. Some years I had the same usage (high) some I had none and still got auto CLI's at first. I have also noticed that when you do a CLI on their site its a 200 increase. If you call it in it's between 5-8.

My interest rate started out at something crazy like 22 and I of course PFD, but for the last few years I have called and asked for a IRD and I am down to 15.2% on that card. I know I know 15.2 is not low but compared to the average store card it is.

Hopefully, if you do decide to re-open you get the relationship that I have had with them so far.
Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome back, jaybee!!!!

You have been missed!

Message 12 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Jaybee-

Awesome info!  Thanks a bunch!  I'm still at 22.8 and didn't even consider asking for a reduction since it's a store card.  If I don't get the CLI I'll call and ask for at least a little APR luv.

Smiley Happy
P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Welcome back, jaybee!!!!

You have been missed!

Hey cheddar. I see you are mod now. WOW!! CONGRATS!!! I always knew you would be one!!

Is concord still app'ing?
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whirled you should definitely ask for rate decrease as well as a CLI. I found them to be a little more flexible than more other store cards. Last year I asked for and got 3 CLI's. They tend to give out crazy numbers. The one time I got an 800 increase, I told them I was getting married. I was at 1700 and thats what pushed me to 2500. HaHa maybe I will use that one again.
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whirled another thing. I asked for a CLI and interest decrease on the same call and got it.
Message 16 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

LOL Jaybee --

Or you could tell them you're getting divorced and want to look GREAT when you put yourself on the market again!

I will wait out this initial CL request then call for APR reduction and/or CLI!

Awesome!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 17 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, got my results..

500 CLI - went from 1400 to 1900

(Sorry Syl!  Just let me know when it's time to go shopping!)

Next request -- lower my APR!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Peas, and jaybee! WTG girls! Smiley Happy

They did leave the door open to me. The message I got when I closed it was "if you decide to re-open your account, take your card to a store, and tell them you want to re-open it". Don't know that I'll do that, unless they can start me back up where I left off. The cl that was on the card wasn't obnoxious....I just wanted more, more more! Smiley Very Happy

On the other hand the Discover More card is giving 5% cash back on clothing. hmmmmmmmm
You know I COULD use a new swimsuit and...and...and. lol
Message 19 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

LOL Sylvia -

I put the Disc More to work today at JCP and Sephora!  I thought of ya while I was shoppin'!

And then there was the barnes and noble book buying spree -- and a few things for the classroom of course.

And and... now it's bedtime -- back to the real world tomorrow!

P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.