cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's how soon before it is on your report?

tag
dominow
New Contributor

CLI's how soon before it is on your report?

i posted that i recieved 2 pretty good cfi's in the past week. how long should i wait before an app for a new visa. my new cfi's dropped me from the 30's to the teens on my usage ratio

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: CLI's how soon before it is on your report?

Limit increases report to the credit bureaus with the next regular monthly reporting, typically a few days after your statement cuts. Tu is the slowest, sometimes 4 or 5 days after statement cuts.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 6
dominow
New Contributor

thanks! that is the answer that i was looking for. i'll do my best to avoid applying for anything new for at least a month.  

Message 3 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@dominow wrote:

thanks! that is the answer that i was looking for. i'll do my best to avoid applying for anything new for at least a month.  

Don't forget that new accounts drops your AAoA resulting in a ding to your score for awhile. 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 6
YahComb
Established Contributor

Who did you get CLI's from? While  the first answer is generally true, I just got two cli's which that doesn't apply too.

First one was discover, they normally skip the next statement reporting (youll still get a statement, but it won't report to the CRA).  so depending on how close to the statement you got the cli, it could be about 2 months.

Other was one BOA, which usually reports within a day or so (has happened the last 3 times i got a cli with them)

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 6
dominow
New Contributor

discover , quicksilver m/c

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.