Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's with security freezes on CR's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI's with security freezes on CR's?

Is it still possible to request soft pull CLI's when I have security freeze's on my account?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI's with security freezes on CR's?

yes, my experian report has been froze for a year but I have asked for and received SP CLIs for Amex and Citi.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 2 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it still possible to request soft pull CLI's when I have security freeze's on my account?

Hello,

Some say yes and some say no. With me it depends on the creditor. Some of my cards give it to me while others straight out tell me we need to do a hard pull instread of soft. 

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of them can do a SP with your report on ice.  Others will ask you unfreeze for a CLI.

Message 4 of 7
pip3man
Valued Contributor

For almost a year I had my reports on ice, I never for once saw a CLI on all my accounts across the board. SP and HP CLI were not a possibility especially with Barclay, Macy's, Discover, Chase and Citi. But the very day I unfroze my files, starting the following months I started getting CLIs from all angles. If it was coincidental, that I don't know but one thing I know for sure is, it prevented growth on my accounts and sometimes it straight up complicated things for me. Go figure

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

For almost a year I had my reports on ice, I never for once saw a CLI on all my accounts across the board. SP and HP CLI were not a possibility especially with Barclay, Macy's, Discover, Chase and Citi. But the very day I unfroze my files, starting the following months I started getting CLIs from all angles. If it was coincidental, that I don't know but one thing I know for sure is, it prevented growth on my accounts and sometimes it straight up complicated things for me. Go figure

I've heard that from several people as well

Message 6 of 7
iCoop
Regular Contributor

My credit files have been frozen for years and I still receive CLI's, just not often. Discover gave me an auto CLI of $1,000 without asking when they sent me a letter in the mail telling me to use my inactive accountand then when I called and spoke to them offered an additional $600 on top of that. American Express has given me multiple 3x CLI increases to the max that I have requested ($25K). Chase wants a HP but instead of doing that I just consolidated my cards into one large card with a $36K limit.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.