cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's

tag
Starlette

CLI's

Quick question.  If your cc offers a $200 CLI will that still do a hard pull?  In the same sense if you request a CLI will that be a hard pull?  If you need more information I can add.  Just a general question.  Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CLI's

If it's being offered to you of their own will and you didn't request it yourself, no, there's no HP. Auto increases are SP.

If you request a CLI yourself, it *can* be an HP, depending on the lender. For example, Capital One's CLI requests are always SP, while Chase is always an HP.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Starlette

Perfect!  Thank you so much for outlining which CC company as well.  I requested a CLI from my Capital One card a month ago.  Good to know they only do SP's. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Starlette wrote:

Perfect!  Thank you so much for outlining which CC company as well.  I requested a CLI from my Capital One card a month ago.  Good to know they only do SP's. 

Yep, just hit that luv button when you feel like it, lol!  Make sure to read the denial letter for the reason - it always gives me some guidance on when to try again.  One day I get no, the next a nice increase.  The typically only do CLI's every 6 months, just so you know (if you are enrolled in credit steps, sometimes you can get one early (before the 5/6 statements) and still get the credit step as originally promised, that seems to be the only exception to the 6 month rule).

Message 4 of 5
Starlette

Yeah I noticed with Capital one it's every 6 months.  We are trying to help our credit to debt ratio along with paying everything down.  We found out our landlords are selling the house we are renting at the end of our lease.  So now instead of renting again we are going to try and buy a house with some land.  We were not expecting it so now it's a rush to get our credit worthy. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.