cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

hey guys, 

if you called in expecting to do a hard pull for a CLI, and you were able to have a soft pull CLI done, but it was still less than the amount you wanted (3x of limit) and decided to do a hard pull CLI immediately 

should u do a request for 3x of the original limit, or 3x of the current limit after the soft pull CLI

my thinking was that the original limit was the only thing on the actual credit report, but since it was the same institution, they would instead see the new higher limit

overthinking, but curious

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

If you're taking a HP i'd say go for the GOLD, the worst they can do is say no or counter offer. YmmvSmiley Happy

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 2 of 3
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

@percy81 wrote:

If you're taking a HP i'd say go for the GOLD, the worst they can do is say no or counter offer. YmmvSmiley Happy

hmm, I go for 3x limit these days, have you ever done more and been successful?  the limits in your signature are not in the 5 digit range

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.