Frequent Contributor
gen-specific

CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

hey guys, 

if you called in expecting to do a hard pull for a CLI, and you were able to have a soft pull CLI done, but it was still less than the amount you wanted (3x of limit) and decided to do a hard pull CLI immediately 

should u do a request for 3x of the original limit, or 3x of the current limit after the soft pull CLI

my thinking was that the original limit was the only thing on the actual credit report, but since it was the same institution, they would instead see the new higher limit

overthinking, but curious

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, Alliant 30k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 30k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX ???, EXP ???, TU 764 - AVG 780 - Dec 2014
Regular Contributor
percy81

Re: CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

If you're taking a HP i'd say go for the GOLD, the worst they can do is say no or counter offer. Ymmv:smileyhappy:

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 3,300 /Discover IT 2,250/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific

Re: CLI , soft pull approval, then immediate hard pull approval?

[ Edited ]

percy81 wrote:

If you're taking a HP i'd say go for the GOLD, the worst they can do is say no or counter offer. Ymmv:smileyhappy:

hmm, I go for 3x limit these days, have you ever done more and been successful?  the limits in your signature are not in the 5 digit range

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, Alliant 30k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 30k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX ???, EXP ???, TU 764 - AVG 780 - Dec 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}