Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI timeframe for various cards

tag
chadwick
New Contributor

CLI timeframe for various cards

Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out the timeframe and frequency for CLI's on all my cards. A few I know/have figured out from here but any tips would be appreciated.

Card/CLI Timeframe

NFCU cashRewards - ideal to wait until 6th statement cuts. their system will counter for your internal max if you req $25k. always a hp.

USAA Platinum - ? I think you can request a cli but not sure of the timeframe, if they do auto cli, counters, etc. prolly always a hp?

Chase SP - ? heard of auto cli after some time. not sure otherwise. always hp as well?

BOA Cash Rewards - ? not sure.

Discover It - heard they like to see balances instead of PIF before statement cuts. not sure on timeframe.

Fingerhut - already given 1 auto cli about 3-4 months in + a letter in the mail insinuating they give frequent cli's.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

Re: CLI timeframe for various cards

my experience

nfcu: they told me that you can request a cli at any time, but optimal is they would like to see some credit history with them first. 6mos is minimal. i asked for mine at 11 mos.
usaa: same as above, but they they will not initiate a cli before 6mos. i asked for mine at 11mos. you can request a cli every 6mos.
boa: n/a
chase: i just got mine, so i dont have any hard proof. i was gonna try my military star at 3 mos, and my hyatt upon activation.
discover it: they told me based on my management with the card i will be available in dec (3mos).
fingerhut: n/a
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 2 of 10
chadwick
New Contributor

Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Chase and Bank of America let you ask for an increase whenever you want; you could ring in everyday if you felt like it. They've always been a hard for me, but some people say they've gotten a soft.

Message 4 of 10
chadwick
New Contributor

Thanks. Any ideas on auto CLI's or is it mostly YMMV?
Message 5 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@chadwick wrote:

YMMV.

Heavy usage sometimes help with auto CLIs, but it's not guaranteed either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I always think 6 month's at minimum and 12 months ideal. AMEX is the exception.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@chadwick wrote:

Pretty random.

Cap1 is really the only predictable one with credit steps.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Just be sure your report looks as good as possible before a CLI attempt.

Message 9 of 10
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@chadwick wrote:

My BOA was auto CLI at exactly one year since my last CLI. I hadn't asked for a CLI during that one year period.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.