Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI w/o Hard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI w/o Hard

Logged on to my citi bank account to make a payment, tried the luv button, rcv $1250 increase without filling out the paperwork. Made me happy I called and open the account again.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: CLI w/o Hard

AtlButterFly wrote:
Logged on to my citi bank account to make a payment, tried the luv button, rcv $1250 increase without filling out the paperwork. Made me happy I called and open the account again.

How long have you had the card?
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah..but how do you know it wasn't a hard pull ? Because there was no "paperwork" doesn't mean a thing. It may appear on your credit report 2-3 days later as a HARD.
Message 3 of 10
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

I got a CLI from Citi (via website) last month w/o a hard pull. A few months earlier, I called them to complain about finance charges and ended up with a supervisor. He asked if there was anything else he could do fro me and I said how about a CLI. He said all he could approve w/o a hard pull was $2000 and I said okay, give it to me...

2 increases, no hard pulls from Citi...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 4 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

CITI online CLIs:

- no paperwork, no hard inq
- paperwork, a hard inq

I do know this firsthand

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
CITI online CLIs:

- paperwork, a hard inq

I do know this firsthand

I'll second that.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

fused wrote:
CITI online CLIs:

- paperwork, a hard inq

I do know this firsthand

I'll second that.

I agree too.  I did a CLI via web with a Citi student card and they gave me one.  I wanted a higher one so I put in my info and got it without an inquiry per my CR this month.
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah..but how do you know it wasn't a hard pull ? Because there was no "paperwork" doesn't mean a thing. It may appear on your credit report 2-3 days later as a HARD.

By paperwork in this context, I think that OP is referring to Citi's online CLI request function. If you go to that screen and there are lots of boxes to fill in (= paperwork), it's a hard. But if there aren't the boxes, and instead it says something like "You are eligible for $1250 increase, do you accept?", it's a soft.

I wonder if Citi still posts auto-CLI's, or if you have to check the CLI site and accept them, or else the same limit will display (and apply) forever? Maybe a new trick in their book.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OHHHHH. ok. Kinda of like BOA. gotcha ~
Message 9 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

By paperwork in this context, I think that OP is referring to Citi's online CLI request function. If you go to that screen and there are lots of boxes to fill in (= paperwork), it's a hard. But if there aren't the boxes, and instead it says something like "You are eligible for $1250 increase, do you accept?", it's a soft.

I wonder if Citi still posts auto-CLI's, or if you have to check the CLI site and accept them, or else the same limit will display (and apply) forever? Maybe a new trick in their book.

I got an auto-CLI from Citi on my third statement from $6000->$7500.

I am using their 15 month no interest for BTs for about $2300 in CC debt since I got the card, and haven't spent a dime as I refuse to lose my outstanding BT deal. I think they increased to try and get me to use the card for some purchases maybe.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.