Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI with Chase ?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

CLI with Chase ?

My 2 lowest Credit cards now is my Amazon Visa card done by Chase at $500 and my Discover it card at $1k. I know how to ask for CLI with Discover but how do you ask for one with Chase? there is nowhere to ask so should i just call customer support ? Also how long do i have to wait 3 months 6?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLI with Chase ?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

My 2 lowest Credit cards now is my Amazon Visa card done by Chase at $500 and my Discover it card at $1k. I know how to ask for CLI with Discover but how do you ask for one with Chase? there is nowhere to ask so should i just call customer support ? Also how long do i have to wait 3 months 6?

You can call or SM for a CLI which will be a hp 99.99% of the time. There's no time constraints on when you can ask but you need to ask yourself this;

'what has changed on my credit report since I was approved, which will work in my favor?'

Message 2 of 7
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

You can call or SM for a CLI which will be a hp 99.99% of the time. There's no time constraints on when you can ask but you need to ask yourself this;

'what has changed on my credit report since I was approved, which will work in my favor?'

Ah ok a SM would work there wasnt an option online like the other cards i own so i was just curious to how besides calling ( Prefer to do it on the websites but oh well) Probably will decline me for a CLI on the amazon card since they just approved me for the Freedom card and one of the reasons why they declined my last app for the Freedom was because they approved me of the Amazon card and that was considered "enough" credit for me at the time

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Ah ok a SM would work there wasnt an option online like the other cards i own so i was just curious to how besides calling ( Prefer to do it on the websites but oh well) Probably will decline me for a CLI on the amazon card since they just approved me for the Freedom card and one of the reasons why they declined my last app for the Freedom was because they approved me of the Amazon card and that was considered "enough" credit for me at the time

I would suggest waiting at a minimum 6-9 mos.  A year might be better if they are already indicating they have extended enough credit at this time. 

Message 4 of 7
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I would suggest waiting at a minimum 6-9 mos.  A year might be better if they are already indicating they have extended enough credit at this time. 

Then is there a chance I can ask them to close my Amazon Visa card and transfer that $500 to my Freedom to make it $4k?

Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Then is there a chance I can ask them to close my Amazon Visa card and transfer that $500 to my Freedom to make it $4k?

Yes, you can ask but wouldn't that essentially be closing the cc? Was there a reason you apped for the Amazon Visa? 

Message 6 of 7
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Yes, you can ask but wouldn't that essentially be closing the cc? Was there a reason you apped for the Amazon Visa? 

I shop at amazon. Also At the time I only have 3 cards: Amazon store card ( Don't use at all  but got it for utli % reasons at the time since i only had a Discover card at the time with only $750 limit) , Discover it and Amex BCE. I wanted a Visa card for the few places i go that only takes Visa and Master cards. Since I have the Freedom and Citi Thank you card which offers better perks and better APR even after the intro APR The amazon visa will probably be put in the sock drawer.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.