Established Member
06valdosta

CLI with Secured BoA Card

Has anyone received a CLI with a secured card?  When I signed online to my acct., there's a place to request a CLI.  I've paid the card in on time and in full each month.  Do you think it's possible for a CLI?  Thanks for your help!!
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: CLI with Secured BoA Card

I don't think its possible. Haven't seen any success stories here. I do know they will graduate you after a year or less and at that moment you can call and request a CLI and they will usually grant it.
Contributor
diva0969

Interesting.  My BofA secured  card graduated last month and I STILL don't see the luv button when I log in.  I do know, however, that you cannot get a CLI until your account is converted or graduated to an unsecured account.  And even then it's not automatic.
Super Contributor
concorduser

What secured card did you have? Is it 99/500 or fully secured card? How many months did it take for the card to become unsecure?

diva0969 wrote:
Interesting.  My BofA secured  card graduated last month and I STILL don't see the luv button when I log in.  I do know, however, that you cannot get a CLI until your account is converted or graduated to an unsecured account.  And even then it's not automatic.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Like Concord, I have a 99/500. We always want input from others when the card graduates.

diva0969 wrote:

The CLI link, at least on my ungraduated 99/500 is located in the "Services" tab after you click on the CC in your accounts page. I have a link that says "Request a credit limit increase". I never clicked it because CLIs aren't offered on secured products.
Established Contributor
unknown_entity

I think a CLI on a secured account, by definition, requires more deposit money....lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Established Contributor
contractor

Yuppers, MO' MONEY ! I mashed the luv button first day and it wasn't bashful about telling me that secured cards are not eligible for CLI.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Contributor
diva0969

I had the fully secured BOA platinum visa.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I've read a couple of posts from other forum members who stated adding money to their secured CC for a CLI also involved a hard pull. I have no idea why that would be the case though, nor do I remember who the lender was.
Here we go again...
Valued Contributor
stef37

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I've read a couple of posts from other forum members who stated adding money to their secured CC for a CLI also involved a hard pull. I have no idea why that would be the case though, nor do I remember who the lender was.

BoA softed me when I have added more money to mine. (Twice) I'm at the 9 month mark now and wanting to call them to see if I am getting close. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}