Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI with Secured BoA Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI with Secured BoA Card

Has anyone received a CLI with a secured card?  When I signed online to my acct., there's a place to request a CLI.  I've paid the card in on time and in full each month.  Do you think it's possible for a CLI?  Thanks for your help!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI with Secured BoA Card

I don't think its possible. Haven't seen any success stories here. I do know they will graduate you after a year or less and at that moment you can call and request a CLI and they will usually grant it.
Message 2 of 10
diva0969
Regular Contributor

Interesting.  My BofA secured  card graduated last month and I STILL don't see the luv button when I log in.  I do know, however, that you cannot get a CLI until your account is converted or graduated to an unsecured account.  And even then it's not automatic.
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 3 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What secured card did you have? Is it 99/500 or fully secured card? How many months did it take for the card to become unsecure?

diva0969 wrote:
Interesting.  My BofA secured  card graduated last month and I STILL don't see the luv button when I log in.  I do know, however, that you cannot get a CLI until your account is converted or graduated to an unsecured account.  And even then it's not automatic.

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Like Concord, I have a 99/500. We always want input from others when the card graduates.

diva0969 wrote:

The CLI link, at least on my ungraduated 99/500 is located in the "Services" tab after you click on the CC in your accounts page. I have a link that says "Request a credit limit increase". I never clicked it because CLIs aren't offered on secured products.
Message 5 of 10
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I think a CLI on a secured account, by definition, requires more deposit money....lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yuppers, MO' MONEY ! I mashed the luv button first day and it wasn't bashful about telling me that secured cards are not eligible for CLI.
Message 7 of 10
diva0969
Regular Contributor

I had the fully secured BOA platinum visa.
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 8 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I've read a couple of posts from other forum members who stated adding money to their secured CC for a CLI also involved a hard pull. I have no idea why that would be the case though, nor do I remember who the lender was.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I've read a couple of posts from other forum members who stated adding money to their secured CC for a CLI also involved a hard pull. I have no idea why that would be the case though, nor do I remember who the lender was.

BoA softed me when I have added more money to mine. (Twice) I'm at the 9 month mark now and wanting to call them to see if I am getting close. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.