Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIs: Post-Credit Crunch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLIs: Post-Credit Crunch

I typically don't even ask for a cli until after a cc passes the 6 month mark. I'm not that desperate for a cli. Plus if I squeek to much to them, that may put them off. Silly, eh?
Message 11 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Sylviatob wrote:
I typically don't even ask for a cli until after a cc passes the 6 month mark. I'm not that desperate for a cli. Plus if I squeek to much to them, that may put them off. Silly, eh?

I tend to agree.  My Chase I waited 8 months and had a major increase in Eq score in that period.  I may ask Amex after 6 months, or I may just wait.  The thing that makes me think I might is the 50 point increase in EX score since I got the card.

If AUship goes away I might also be tempted, as I would no longer have DWs $15K B&N card
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 16
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

BOA gave me a CLI of $6500 after 30 days, but shot me down 60 days later when I asked for another $6K. Said my limit was sufficient for my income, but that they'd review periodically to keep me a satisfied customer....

Still love BOA, but their Fraud Alerts are becoming a little excessive. I've been flagged 3 times and received immediate automated messages from them verifying my requested purchase. I then have to call Customer Service to get the flag taken off and then I have to resubmit the charge. Irritating, but understandable I suppose...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch ficonovice! What triggerd it? The particular merchant, amount involved, or what?

I had that happen to me to last year on a Cap1 card I tried to use.
Message 14 of 16
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

They tend to get triggered when I make internet or phone phurchases, but the last one was at a Mr Tire shop for a new tire in the amount of $252.00. I was ticked off, but called them and they took care of it.

I asked them if they could change my alert trigger to larger purchases and they said they'd see, but their policy tracks new accounts closely for our protection...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonovice wrote:
They tend to get triggered when I make internet or phone phurchases, but the last one was at a Mr Tire shop for a new tire in the amount of $252.00. I was ticked off, but called them and they took care of it.
I asked them if they could change my alert trigger to larger purchases and they said they'd see, but their policy tracks new accounts closely for our protection...

Well they are looking out for our own best interests then. It's good but at the same time it's a PITA. A necessary thing now days.

Thanks for the response. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.