Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIs and credit scores

tag
roniram
Regular Contributor

CLIs and credit scores

I've got a question for the experts.  When you are requesting a CLI from GE or Capital One, and they do a SP, are they looking at your credit score to determine if they can grant you a CLI, and how much they can grant you?  Just curious how the SP/CLI thing actually works.  Especially since I am expecting an increase in my credit scores from paying off my credit cards a couple of weeks ago.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLIs and credit scores

CS, util, pyt history, income and cr report are all taken into consideration.
Message 2 of 7
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 was good to me last week. Let's see if GE is good to me after that increase reports, another card at $0. and one showing a balance of $2500. less than it reported last month.  They haven't been able to get an increase out of them since I received my cards 12 months ago (actually, I got a $100. auto increase on my Walmart after 3 months).  Now I have groomed my scores and given the card plenty of useage over the last year. It's time to be rewarded! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 7
Elcid89
Contributor

For store cards, GE likes to see regular usage and regular PIF. That will blow the limit up on a GE store card at light speed.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 4 of 7
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I keep getting the denial message of lack of experience with credit line. I've had balances of $400, $500. and $600. Paid them off over a few months, paid some in full some months, had balances of $150. - $250. and did the same thing. Only saw an extra 100 Washingtons on my Walmart year a year. JCP is still hanging at $200. That's been $25, $50, $100 and $180. and paid the same as Walmart. Nada, zilch, nothing. 

I'm open to suggestions here but there isn't much more that I can do.  Just waiting for two accounts to update on my CRs. Then I will try the Love Buttons. I will give them a call after that if I get little to no love.  If I call I'm going to ask for $2500. on Walmart and $1500. on JCP.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 7
roniram
Regular Contributor

Great.  Well, I use my Walmart card and my two Capital One regularly, and have paid them down several times.  The Walmart card and one of the Capital One cards  I just hit the 4th statement, and the other is and Capital One/Orchard Bank card I've had for 3 years.  I tried the luv button on my Walmart and Orchard Bank card, but got the "not eligible" message on both.  My payoffs on my cards don't seem to have hit my reports yet, so I was thinking that when my scores go up, I might recon Capital One EO and Credit Solutions for increases.  I was just hoping the earlier SP via the button did not hurt my future chances.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Elcid89
Contributor

@roniram wrote:

Great.  Well, I use my Walmart card and my two Capital One regularly, and have paid them down several times.  The Walmart card and one of the Capital One cards  I just hit the 4th statement, and the other is and Capital One/Orchard Bank card I've had for 3 years.  I tried the luv button on my Walmart and Orchard Bank card, but got the "not eligible" message on both.  My payoffs on my cards don't seem to have hit my reports yet, so I was thinking that when my scores go up, I might recon Capital One EO and Credit Solutions for increases.  I was just hoping the earlier SP via the button did not hurt my future chances.

If it is a WalMart store card, pay it in full and then ask for a CLI after the next statement cuts.

If it's a Discover, they will review the newest SP that they have in their system for you on the card. That can often be as much as 6 months old. In that case, you just have to wait until their next SP occurs, or call in and risk a HP.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.