Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIs not reporting

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

CLIs not reporting

I recently had some success with customer initiated CLIs. However, new credit lines aren't reporting yet. I have the credit available per request but it's been over a month for some and they haven't updated on my credit reports. I have a HP for a GE CLI (yeah I know) and the new limit isn't even reporting yet. How long does it usually take for CCCs to begin reporting the new line? I called CAP1 about it since my limit was recently raised from $750 to $1,500. They said they post new lines updates every 30 days but I don't understand why they didn't just update it when they posted my new balance to the bureau? How much longer should I wait before requesting a manual update from the CCCs?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: CLIs not reporting

Once a month is standard. Give them 30 days.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 7
afjock21
Valued Member

I didn't see TWO of my increases on my recent report so I'm really hoping it comes later at the end of THIS month because that means my FICO score will be getting.. JACKED UP UP UP!!

Message 3 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Great thanks!

I only wondered b/c when I requested a CLI on my Macys card...the new increase reported literally 2 days later.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Great thanks!

I only wondered b/c when I requested a CLI on my Macys card...the new increase reported literally 2 days later.

its usually next statement. when they report once a month. 

macy's took me about 3 weeks whereas walmart took 3 days

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It takes time. Some of the CC's I received at the end of Auguest still have not hit my reports yet.

Message 6 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ime, you have to let a balance report on a statement to get the cli to report. So if you have a zero balance and won't get a statement, the new credit line may not report...most creditors report credit info with statement balances.
Make sense?!
Hope this helps!! Abercrombie and Fitch didn't report my cli for MONTHS until I made an $18 charge and got a statement. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.